Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RLB Unit Flag Grouping from Weinheim

Article about: From vet to picker, from picker to collector, from collector to dealer, from dealer to me...this grouping has managed to stay together since being taken by the GI in spring of 1945. Grouping

pjm
    ?

Default RLB Unit Flag Grouping from Weinheim

From vet to picker, from picker to collector, from collector to dealer, from dealer to me...this grouping has managed to stay together since being taken by the GI in spring of 1945.

Grouping consists of the blue first type RLB Flag for "Gemeindegruppe Weinheim" (located 10km outside Mannheim), red 2nd type RLB Flag for "Lgr. (Landesgruppe) Hessen/Rheinland-Sued, GG. (Gemeindegruppe) Weinheim", a "DH" marked RLB gorget (2nd type) and a "ges. gesch" marked RLB poletop.

Apparently, the earlier design did not have the desired impact. So, in addition to changing the field color, adding fringe and a silver Litzen corner patch border, the insignia design was improved by removing the RLB cypher with its small swastika and replacing it with a large swastika. Also, the corner patch's chain-stitched script on the blue model was revised to a more formal and more martial appearing font on the red. Interesting to note, the red flag is slightly smaller in its dimensions than the blue one but its star is larger.

RLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from WeinheimRLB Unit Flag Grouping from Weinheim\

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB Unit Flag Grouping from Weinheim
    P
    Many

Wow that is a really nice grouping, I would love to own something that nice!

great stuff.

Very nice grouping Paul. It is amazing that it has stayed together all of these years. I know you will do the same.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Very nice group. All wonderful items. Truly awesome they stayed together over the years.

Hummel

Wow, very collectible grouping.

Superb!.....

Very nice grouping.

pjm
    ?

Thanks. The blue RLB flag is pretty rare unto itself but combined with the red version for the same town, it's really quite a find. The gorget and pole top are fairly uncommon as well. The value of the individual components makes it a pricy lot, however.

Very nice! I have a more basic red flag without all of the fringe and embroidering. Maybe someday I can find something of this status.