Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

S A Opera Box Drape

Article about: This is either a very large S A podium banner or an opera house box drape. Originally, this piece was in the collection of the late Ed Stadnicki. It is illustrated on page 261 of Halciomb's

Default S A Opera Box Drape

This is either a very large S A podium banner or an opera house box drape. Originally, this piece was in the collection of the late Ed Stadnicki. It is illustrated on page 261 of Halciomb's book, " The S A." Although identified as having belonged to Feldherrnhalle, this is an error as the base color of red would indicate S A Gruppe Staff. Feldherrnhalle's base color was carmine. This form of political eagle was utilized not only by the S A, but also the N S K K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S A Opera Box Drape   S A Opera Box Drape  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S A Opera Box Drape
    P
    Many

Default Re: S A Opera Box Drape

wow i never see this patern of banner !! amazing banner!! Thank for show this banner

Yet another beautiful item Bob. I like the look of this one very much.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by adrian stevenson View Post
    yet another beautiful item bob. I like the look of this one very much.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, ade.
    ade-
    likely this banner was a custom order, one of a kind item.
    BOB

I am not sure whether the following is germane: Markneukirchen is in Saxony, not especially far from the Bavarian border, sort of near to Plauen. The firm apparently made embroidered flags...and hanging decorations.

The town has a website that suggests they are famous for musical instruments...as befitting such a place.

Quote by friedrich-berthold View Post
    i am not sure whether the following is germane: Markneukirchen is in saxony, not especially far from the bavarian border, sort of near to plauen. The firm apparently made embroidered flags...and hanging decorations.

The town has a website that suggests they are famous for musical instruments...as befitting such a place.

if only an item like this could speak. Like the majority of collectors who began in the formitive years of collecting relics of the war, i chased the item and ignored the provenance. So much history has been lost due to our neglect.
    I believe your information does add creedance to the use of this item as an opera box drape.
    BOB

Bob

You mention the difference in base color as a point to dispute Ed's belief that it was for the Feldherrnhalle. Are there examples known with other SA base colors? To insure the proper colors, wouldn't it have been produced under RZM guidelines?

Joe W

Quote by Poloberst View Post
    Bob

You mention the difference in base color as a point to dispute Ed's belief that it was for the Feldherrnhalle. Are there examples known with other SA base colors? To insure the proper colors, wouldn't it have been produced under RZM guidelines?

Joe W
    Joe-
    I believe Ed's thoughts were based upon the information available nearly 25 years ago. Likely, he based his thoughts on the similarity of this eagle to the one found on the Feldherrnhalle gorget. We now know that this form of eagle was utilized by not only the S A but also the N S K K. Attached are pictures of this form eagle worn on the feldmutze of an officer in
    N S K K Transport Speer. It was also the pattern eagle used on S A command flags. I am also attaching an image of the same pattern eagle sewn to a large black banner possibly utilized as a mourning cloth. There is a thread on that piece in this Forum.
    As this banner was likely a custom order, it likely would not have conformed to any pre-exisitng R Z M standards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S A Opera Box Drape   S A Opera Box Drape  

S A Opera Box Drape   S A Opera Box Drape  

S A Opera Box Drape   S A Opera Box Drape  

BOB

Bob
    I was curious if other Gruppe colors had been observed or is the red background just NSDAP red like other party flags or banners.

Joe

Quote by Poloberst View Post
    Bob
    I was curious if other Gruppe colors had been observed or is the red background just NSDAP red like other party flags or banners.

Joe
    Joe-
    The majority of S A items such as this drape were equipment qassigned to the Gruppe Staff such as trumpet banners or drum skirts. Red was the base color for all S A Staff units. I do have an unusual banner that I have never been able to explain. On one side is the S A runes in Gold on a dark wine red field. The opposite side is executed in apple green with the Leadership School Ty-Rune. I have no idea what this was used as, which is further complicated by the fact that it contains base colors for four seperate Gruppe.

BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast