Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Small Reichskriegsflag.

Article about: Guys this is one of two battle flags from a Signal Corps Photographer. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal

Default Re: Small Reichskriegsflag.

Here it is, my first Totenkoph pin! This was the other item I left the show with. $.50cents Besides the book's author being there and purchasing the Polish badge from him, the show was a let-down for me. Will not return next year!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tot pin 005.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	366198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tot pin 007.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	366200

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Yes, yes, Joliet at the VFW hall. Not Elgin. I looked at the same flag, it was conditioned well but had the bleeding red dye and the stamp on it looked wrong, as said above. I did purchase my first totenkopf pin though!!! I'll post it up in just a minute. Other than this, I had a good time and bought my Polish medal. I met the writer of a Polish militaria book that is signed by him.

Green
    It's a small world. You are correct that the flag was well conditioned and would have fooled alot of people. The only thing I picked up was a fairly nice Dark OD officer's shirt commonly called a "Chocolate" dress shirt. Got it for $10.00 and a real nice "pink" Army Air Corp officers shirt for $25.00 to go with my Army Air Corp captains tunic. The Joliet show is rather small but from what I have been told some real bargins can be found from time to time.

Quote by B17 Power View Post
    It's a small world. You are correct that the flag was well conditioned and would have fooled alot of people. The only thing I picked up was a fairly nice Dark OD officer's shirt commonly called a "Chocolate" dress shirt. Got it for $10.00 and a real nice "pink" Army Air Corp officers shirt for $25.00 to go with my Army Air Corp captains tunic. The Joliet show is rather small but from what I have been told some real bargins can be found from time to time.
    I agree about the good deals. I have found good deals at the few shows that I've been to so far. To be completely honest, a salty Party badge M1/128 was added to my collection from that show for $25-35, I don't remember which. It was one of two items bought there. M1/128 is faked often and this was a salty zincer I had to have. The maker number is nearly worn off, so it definately had good usage. No wonder nobody bought it. I will post it to the "unofficial" thread as soon as picture taking allows.

Yes, it's a small world. Have you gone to the Northlake show? That is a good one as is Glendale Heights. Let me know if you plan to go, maybe we can talk war.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    I agree about the good deals. I have found good deals at the few shows that I've been to so far. To be completely honest, a salty Party badge M1/128 was added to my collection from that show for $25-35, I don't remember which. It was one of two items bought there. M1/128 is faked often and this was a salty zincer I had to have. The maker number is nearly worn off, so it definately had good usage. No wonder nobody bought it. I will post it to the "unofficial" thread as soon as picture taking allows.

Yes, it's a small world. Have you gone to the Northlake show? That is a good one as is Glendale Heights. Let me know if you plan to go, maybe we can talk war.
    I have attended the semi-annual Chicago Military Collectors Show held in Northlake as well as the quarterly show held in Glendale Heights IL. Both are good shows. I plan on attending the next show in August in Glendale Heights. Send me a PM with your contact info. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123