Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & More

Article about: I wasn't aware that this well known fraudster was still at it passing off poorly made reproductions as originals, but I have recently seen a large number of phony WW1 and WW2 RAF flags poppi

Thumbs down Spandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & More

I wasn't aware that this well known fraudster was still at it passing off poorly made reproductions as originals, but I have recently seen a large number of phony WW1 and WW2 RAF flags popping up on militaria forums, and found that they were almost all from a very active eBay account that he still runs. In addition to these terrible "vehicle ID flags" (ID flags which have a hoist rope for some reason...), he has fake flags of several other varieties, all with the same city/war date stamp format (I'm pretty sure I've seen a fake SS flag on here with this format as well). I don't have much experience with anything besides flags, but I'm sure his other items are equally bogus. It just makes me sick that he has probably scammed so many people out of their money, as his auctions all seem to have a lot of activity.
    Spandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & MoreSpandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & MoreSpandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & MoreSpandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & MoreSpandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & MoreSpandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & More

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & More
    P
    Many

According to the website "The Flags of our Ancestors" The Baltic Cross flag is of questionable authenticity. It other words, it is a fantasy flag. Sadly this flag has some how gained legitimacy as a real artifact.

There is a single period photograph that is purported to show one of these flags in use. See below, above the head of the gentleman on the extreme right.

Spandau Militaria Still At It With Fake Flags & More

That said, the above example does indeed appear to be spurious. The 'Afrikakorps' ink stamp is the nail in the coffin.

Regards, B.B.

Andy Beal selling dodgy goods? Whatever next!

Quote by werwolf12 View Post
    According to the website "The Flags of our Ancestors" The Baltic Cross flag is of questionable authenticity. It other words, it is a fantasy flag. Sadly this flag has some how gained legitimacy as a real artifact.
    Real vehicle identification examples do exist.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Okay, I dug a little deeper. According to another website, FOTW Flags of the world, German vehicle recognition flags came in two designs, the Swastika and the Balkenkreuz. HOWEVER, the Balkenkreuz was not widely distributed. So, I stand corrected.