Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Flag (?)

Article about: I bought this flag from a reputable dealer friend. However, I was wondering what type of flag that it was. I figure given the eagle and the colors that it was some type of SS Flag... Like ma

Default SS Flag (?)

I bought this flag from a reputable dealer friend. However, I was wondering what type of flag that it was. I figure given the eagle and the colors that it was some type of SS Flag... Like maybe leadership or barracks but Im still not quite sure. Any thoughts?
    SS Flag (?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Flag (?)
    P
    Many

?

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like one of the 1970 delta flags.

?

Here is one from my SS Album in a period photo being flown behind Himmler while he is addressing SS troops. The one in photo is for sure more of a square versus a rectangle.

SS Flag (?)

SS Flag (?)

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but it looks like one of the 1970 delta flags.
    So I examined a previous thread before posting on a 1970's repro from delta and my flag had some various cosmetic differences from the one posted there. However, not sure if this confirms anything. But my flag also doesn't measure 60x90 like the delta flag does. Again, maybe delta made different variants... not too knowledgeable on this. But Ill post the link to the older thread of the delta flag below.

SS flag, highly suspect

Super cool, awesome photos!

Hopefully the dealer friend could give some provenance for the flag. Unfortunately a flag like this is very easy to fake.

what is the actual size for the shown flag?
    Is it double sided?

You should get yourself the "Military Advisor" volume 15, number 2
    from spring 2004. In there is an extensive article about car and
    command-flags, I wrote!

?

Wilhem I also would like to read what you have wrote about flags¡¡¡ I have read always your name associated with flags, poles etc etc and now I have the time again to ask you for your books cause flags are my main focus
    Thanks my friend

Alejandro

I will for sure check it out, where could I get a copy? and yes it is double sided, the flag measures roughly 41.5 inches by 27.5 inches!

Quote by jcremer24 View Post
    I will for sure check it out, where could I get a copy? and yes it is double sided, the flag measures roughly 41.5 inches by 27.5 inches!
    Copies of the magazine one can order at Bender Publishing:

www.bender-publishing.com

I did not write a book about flags, but in German one about gorgets of the Third Reich.
    In this massive book (700 pages with 1,500 photographs) gorgets, related to the use
    of a flag, are being included.

SS Flag (?)

I did write other books, but flags were not the subject of them, but enameled signs,
    railroad eagles, my favorite book about aiguillettes of the TR, the Handbook of the HJ
    about Bann-numbers (triangles and shoulder-straps) etc.

SS Flag (?)

SS Flag (?)

SS Flag (?)

SS Flag (?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast