Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss flag pole topper

Article about: by newoq11 can't draw any conclusion ... Then why do you post?

Default Ss flag pole topper

Hi folks,any ideas what this may be,a car pennant pole top or desk top item,it's only small and heavy for its weight,thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss flag pole topper  Ss flag pole topper 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss flag pole topper
    P
    Many

Impossible to tell from these pics I'm afraid. Any markings?

Can't see any but it's bout 1 1/2 inches tall and a inch wide,like I say it's heavy for its size

I would expect any item of official use to have a RZM marking with manufacturer's code. Without that, it will be a difficult item to prove original to the period. SS items are the most faked including fantasy pieces. Welcome to the forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for having me,where would you put the markings on that though unless it was on the piece that screwed into it

I'm not sure if it's been plated at some point either

Quote by dasreich View Post
    Thanks for having me,where would you put the markings on that though unless it was on the piece that screwed into it
    I would expect to find it on the base. Is there any reliable provenance for the piece?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As far as I know it came from a collector of car badges who got it from Germany many years ago with a job lot of car badges and other items and that was mixed in with them

?

On page 395 of the Ulrich of England book Meine Ehre heisst Treue there is a similar item, in the section dealing with SS Pennants (SS-Wimpel). It states that the 'runic role top ... was available as an optional extra through the RZM'. The pictured item has RZM mark on reverse, at the bottom of the ring, immediately above the base part. Whilst the overall design is the same, its hard to see how the detail of the designs compare, as photos in both the book and shown here are small.

It is also stated that pennants were introduced from 'late 1933' and that size and quality of these pennants varied 'until the RZM standardized pennants in 1934', which suggests that there could be some genuine examples without RZM marking.

Regards, Philip

I've looked over it and can't see any marks,bet there again it is small so it would be hard to put stamps on it,maybe the piece it screwed onto had it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast