Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Swastika Flag

Article about: I have a Nazi Flag in perfect condition. Red field with balck swastika in white circle. Approx. 28 by 37 inches. Both ends sewn into tubes for staffs. Any idea what it's worth?

?

Default Swastika Flag

I have a Nazi Flag in perfect condition. Red field with balck swastika in white circle. Approx. 28 by 37Swastika FlagSwastika FlagSwastika FlagSwastika FlagSwastika FlagSwastika Flag inches. Both ends sewn into tubes for staffs. Any idea what it's worth?
    Last edited by BillH; 12-03-2010 at 05:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika Flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: Swastika Flag

Could you post some pictures of it?

?

I will post pictures asap. I need to iron out the wrinkles first.

Quote by BillH View Post
    I will post pictures asap. I need to iron out the wrinkles first.
    do not iron it, do not clean it or you loose value

?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to let it hang to drop some of the wrinkles out. It was curled in a ball so its a wrinkled mess.

?

In lieu of ironing, would it be ok to hang it in the bathroom during a hot shower? In my lazy days, when I didn't feel like ironing my shirts, I would hang them in the bathroom while I showered and they got decent a steam. Didn't get all the wrinkles out, but enough so I looked somwhat presentable!

Just curious if this would be a good alternative....

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    In lieu of ironing, would it be ok to hang it in the bathroom during a hot shower? In my lazy days, when I didn't feel like ironing my shirts, I would hang them in the bathroom while I showered and they got decent a steam. Didn't get all the wrinkles out, but enough so I looked somwhat presentable!

Just curious if this would be a good alternative....
    if you do so you make it wet and uv positive so it will glow under blacklight and loose value as well

?

It was my assumption the introcuction of soapy water is what caused a false positive under blacklight.

If what you say is correct, wouldn't most flags, uniforms, patches or other cloth items of that era cause a false positive unless they were used exclusively indoors? With that said, the blacklight test would be deemed useless as it would be the standard for the item to glow.

I could be completely wrong, though, so please correct me if I am as I'm still learning.