Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Swastika flag - fake or original?

Article about: I dont know why my pictures are mixed. Now No. 2 is for enjoyment

Default Re: Swastika flag - fake or original?

I dont know why my pictures are mixed. Now No. 2 is for enjoyment

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

This is the material that all out side banners are made of cotton not sure what the one in the first post is made of rayon? maybe no one has said any thing the fringe yet thats not from ware its on purpose like ive said i have never seen fringe thats not sewn on.

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    This is the material that all out side banners are made of cotton not sure what the one in the first post is made of rayon? maybe no one has said any thing the fringe yet thats not from ware ints on purpose like ive said i have never seen fringe thats not sewn on.
    cotton pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	125544  

For what it is worth, I think this is a badly cared for original. I have seen period originals from veterans where the white circle was not sewn on in a perfect circle to completely cover the "guide dots" on the white for forming a true circle, leaving them exposed. I have also had others that were labeled, but of poor quality. The craftsmanship and quality varies in private purchase banners and flags that were mass produced for civilian display. The proportions of the disk and swas look ok to me.

Fortunately, for those who collect these items, there is no shortage of high quality original examples in near mint condition that can be had. Just my two cents worth...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

This is the construction of most multi piece flags ive seen. note how the cross joins togather. Their is far more printed flags than multi construction out their.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	125573  

Thanks for Your opinions! This pendant was recently brought in Estonia from older person who was not for sure an expert of this stuff. Just selling price was too cheap, there is no point to fake such items for 1-2 bottles of vodka As he said this pendant was found from a old house during renovation works in Estonia. So I do not belive it is one of West made fakes from the 1970-ies. But of course, first western fakes arrived here already in late 80-ies. And I never buy stories but always items - so his story about finding this pendant can easily be a BS.

I can post more detailed pics on Monday when I'm back.

@ez1969: Thanks for your picture. It is very interesting to see the sewing-differences on both flags.
    Peter

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    @ez1969: Thanks for your picture. It is very interesting to see the sewing-differences on both flags.
    Peter
    Still no input about the fringe though which is very important look at the rest of the flag not just the center if its real ive never seen one like it show me one please maybe be its extra special?

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Still no input about the fringe though which is very important look at the rest of the flag not just the center if its real ive never seen one like it show me one please maybe be its extra special?
    Stiil no thoughts on fringe?

the flag has been ripped/torn lengthwise and the resultant shreds are the result of that action,,they are not "fringe" in the term that we would use it to use to describe a decorative edging,,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast