Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle Flag

Article about: Curious if any of you have seen this style before. It has some strange hanging loops and stitching that I have not before seen. Thanks for your help!

Default Unmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle Flag

Curious if any of you have seen this style before. It has some strange hanging loops and stitching that I have not before seen. Thanks for your help!

Unmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle FlagUnmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle FlagUnmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle FlagUnmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle Flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle Flag
    P
    Many

Man, no opinions? I can't buy this with no opinions!

?

I'm not a big fan of this one. What is the size of the flag? It would help to see stitching on other sides as well.

From the pictures, there is little to make a decision from. My intial reaction from the pictures is this is 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree. I spent some time looking for one of these a while back, before finding mine. This one doesn't have any identifying stamps that we can see like the size or maker, the shape of the flag seems odd as the swastika is approaching centered, and it doesn't seem long enough, and it doesn't appear to have the stitch lines running down the sides that reinforce the flag edges. The hanging hardware also is not a type I've seen, but I do not have extensive experience to say that's not correct. I can say it's not typical. I'd look for a more typical example if it were me.

Here's my war flag: Reichskriegsflagge (war flag) -80 x 135 : Lorenz Summa Sohne Oberkotzau

Notice the length runs off the table at about the point yours stops. Also, it exhibits the hardware and stamps you would expect to see, and the close up of the lines of stitching that reinforce the flag.

?

I have attached a picture of one I feel is authentic and is marked all over the place. I would pass on the one you have posted as it does not seem to have the proper look, markings or stitching. Of course we can never be 100% with pictures. Having it in hand and inspecting it closely it might be easier. Hope this helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle Flag  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Crazy Wild Avenger!!! We posted almost identical flags within minutes

Quote by avenger View Post
    I agree. I spent some time looking for one of these a while back, before finding mine. This one doesn't have any identifying stamps that we can see like the size or maker, the shape of the flag seems odd as the swastika is approaching centered, and it doesn't seem long enough, and it doesn't appear to have the stitch lines running down the sides that reinforce the flag edges. The hanging hardware also is not a type I've seen, but I do not have extensive experience to say that's not correct. I can say it's not typical. I'd look for a more typical example if it were me.

Here's my war flag: Reichskriegsflagge (war flag) -80 x 135 : Lorenz Summa Sohne Oberkotzau

Notice the length runs off the table at about the point yours stops. Also, it exhibits the hardware and stamps you would expect to see, and the close up of the lines of stitching that reinforce the flag.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Crazy Wild Avenger!!! We posted almost identical flags within minutes
    They tell me great minds think alike.....

?

Cheers Bud!

Quote by avenger View Post
    They tell me great minds think alike.....

Cool info guys. I have two battle / Kriegs flags. Both are original and one of them is small and unmarked. So I know that at least some of them did not have any stamps or wording on the white bunting. That said, the one in the topic of this thread is definitely suspect. Here is my small 5' x 3' one.
    Unmarked and Strange Bunting on this Battle Flag
    Last edited by naptime; 11-11-2014 at 02:21 PM.