Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Flag?

Article about: Hello all, in an upcoming auction this flag will be available for sale. This is the only photograph they have of it. I have never seen the white branch out around the swastika. It measures 6

Default Unusual Flag?

Hello all, in an upcoming auction this flag will be available for sale. This is the only photograph they have of it. I have never seen the white branch out around the swastika. It measures 6 foot by 66 inches. I would like to know if this is uncommon or just a fake that someone is trying to pass off. I am trying to get more pics but am wait ing for them. Any information from you all would help greatly. Also are pics of a hat and a dagger that is for sale as well. I don't know enough about them to know if they are real or not, but it will be fun to see them sell. Thanks for your time. Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Flag?   Unusual Flag?  

Unusual Flag?   Unusual Flag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Flag?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual Flag?

The photos are not really the greatest, but from what I see, I know the scabbard
    is incorrect for a 2nd model Luft dagger. Were there any other marks etched
    into the blade, such as a maker ?

The flag and EM cap are probably genuine - cap is good at least. The flag most
    likely represents the 'R.L.B.' (Reichluftschutzbund)............
    Regards,

Steve.

RLB flag good to me also.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The Luftwaffe dagger is a circa 1950's parts dagger. Thus the incorrect scabbard. The RLB flag is a genuine period piece as previously stated by Eric. The Heer infantry schirmutze also appears to be correct.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for all your information on these items. As usual, everything goes extremely high, so I came home with nothing. Which is just as well, save my money for the next sale. Thanks for all of your input!

Brian