Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Value of this Kriegsmarine Navy Battle flag?

Article about: Looking for opinions on value for this flag. It has some condition issues including fraying, stains, and a missing header. Measures 30" high by 40" wide. Any additional information

A simple request such as "do you have photos of reverse" or "can't be sure unless I see photo's of other side" would have sufficed. As I explained it takes FOREVER for my photos to upload to this site. Had I know the additional photos I took would be key to authenticating this item I would have attempted to post them. Had I know the flag was upside down I would have corrected it. I am a novice to these items and am trying to learn as much as I can. It's too bad that a simple question be met with such attitude - and to have a moderator give their "thumbs up" to this type of behavior is disappointing to see regardless to how long someone has been a member here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of this Kriegsmarine Navy Battle flag?
    P
    Many

Quote by Joe777cool View Post
    A simple request such as "do you have photos of reverse" or "can't be sure unless I see photo's of other side" would have sufficed. As I explained it takes FOREVER for my photos to upload to this site. Had I know the additional photos I took would be key to authenticating this item I would have attempted to post them. Had I know the flag was upside down I would have corrected it. I am a novice to these items and am trying to learn as much as I can. It's too bad that a simple question be met with such attitude - and to have a moderator give their "thumbs up" to this type of behavior is disappointing to see regardless to how long someone has been a member here.
    You did explain why you could not, but that is where you should have stopped. Making a sarcastic comment as a follow up a little after your explanation was unnecessary.

?

Being contentious with members because of a bad attitude can and will get you banned sir.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Well, for starters, if it is too much bother for you to post good, properly oriented photos, maybe it is too much bother for other members to give the information you are asking for.
    You had no trouble posting a bunch of photos in this thread.
    Need help w/ large German lot
    I will also add, having an attitude so soon after joining does not bode well as William has stated. We try to be an amicable forum here which is sometimes difficult.
    Responses like the one you edited will not win you any friends here either.
    Ralph.
    We both know who started with the attitude. And to post those photos to that thread you referenced took me probably about an hour. Every time I have attempted to upload photos to these forums or classifieds it is painfully slow or just plain doesn't work. I am a member of other sites that use the same format and don't seem to have an issue. I don;t know what the issue is.

Again had I know the flag wasn't properly oriented I would have corrected it. Do you think I did that on purpose?

My sarcasm got the better of me for that post, hence why I edited it. For that I apologize. Just wasn't expecting the type of responses I received.

"You did explain why you could not, but that is where you should have stopped. Making a sarcastic comment as a follow up a little after your explanation was unnecessary."

yes you are right - that why i then tried to delete it (but couldnt figure out how) and then edited it.

It's too bad that a simple question be met with such attitude - and to have a moderator give their "thumbs up" to this type of behavior is disappointing to see regardless to how long someone has been a member here.
    For your information, I did not give Glenn's answer a "thumbs up" I gave it a "like" because I felt it was appropriate based on the posts that you made.
    As I said in my other post, we try to maintain an amicable forum here.

If you have joined this forum to get free evaluations on all of the items that you are so unfamiliar with that come into your shop/store, you will be sorely disappointed. We are not a free evaluation service.
    As for my behavior, I am always one of the first to welcome new members that join, but that welcome will wear off shortly if you continue to post in the manner that you are.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Defiantly defending the inappropriate use of said sarcasm and slapping at the Moderator is probably not the best idea also....

And a newly signed up Gold Club Member, no less.....such a shame...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Defiantly defending the inappropriate use of said sarcasm and slapping at the Moderator is probably not the best idea also....

And a newly signed up Gold Club Member, no less.....such a shame...
    Defiantly defending my sarcasm? Did I not edit the post, apologize, and admit it was unnecessary?

If you are having difficulty posting photos, you need only ask for help.
    This is a long thread but you need only read the first three or four posts to get the idea.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Please don't continue the way you are or it will be a short membership here.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    For your information, I did not give Glenn's answer a "thumbs up" I gave it a "like" because I felt it was appropriate based on the posts that you made.
    As I said in my other post, we try to maintain an amicable forum here.

If you have joined this forum to get free evaluations on all of the items that you are so unfamiliar with that come into your shop/store, you will be sorely disappointed. We are not a free evaluation service.
    As for my behavior, I am always one of the first to welcome new members that join, but that welcome will wear off shortly if you continue to post in the manner that you are.
    Ralph.
    I was wrong. I didn't appreciate the comments/perceived tone of the poster and responded with sarcasm which was not the right thing to do. I do not own a shop/store, I'm just a WW2 enthusiast who has collected some items over the past few years, (and still collecting) and now has decided to sell some of them. Maybe one day as I continue to learn about these items I will be able to help others, but am in no position to do so at this point due to my inexperience.

I apologize to you for any perceived or actual disrespect/attitude I may have shown you. This whole discussion is far from the way I thought it would go when I first posted this question.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast