MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Veterans' Organization Flag?

Article about: Does anyone recognize this flag or have an idea what unit it belongs to? I presume it is an early NS-affiliated veterans' organization based on the early pattern Kriegsfahne design in the co

pjm
    ?

Default Veterans' Organization Flag?

Does anyone recognize this flag or have an idea what unit it belongs to? I presume it is an early NS-affiliated veterans' organization based on the early pattern Kriegsfahne design in the corner. Perhaps someone has a period photo of one in situ or an insignia with a similar design. Material is typical wool flag cloth with cloth hanging loops. The flag approximately measures 39 x 54".

Veterans' Organization Flag?Veterans' Organization Flag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veterans' Organization Flag?
    P
    Many

Never seen this flag before. Looks similar to a Reichskriegsflagge. Maybe a fantasy product.

pjm
    ?

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    Never seen this flag before. Looks similar to a Reichskriegsflagge. Maybe a fantasy product.
    Definitely not a fantasy piece. It was vet acquired decades ago. It's printed which implies it was produced in some quantity.

I believe this may be a River Barge Flotilla or Coastal Flotilla Flag...
    Glenn

An interesting early piece which likely had a short life span. I also have never encountered this piece before. There is no chance that this is a fantasy piece. Construction is period and aging is natural. Thanks for showing this interesting item. Even after 70 years, genuine things can still pop up that are unidentified. Possibly Wim Saris might know.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quite frankly, I have never seen such a design either, but, as said, it is certainly genuine and period. I am thinking that Glenn may well be on the right track here, as it has the Naval appearance to it. In any case, it is a Excellent find and one that I wouldn't mind having myself! (Keep that in mind if you ever feel like selling it! ) Thank you for posting it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I believe this may be a River Barge Flotilla or Coastal Flotilla Flag...
    Glenn
    Very good Glenn! Wim Saris wrote me saying he did not know the flag but had seen the insignia before but does not recall where. His memory of what the symbol is something similar to yours.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What a super piece of early TR memorabilia. It just oozes history.
    The overall design looks like the old Imperial flag with the 3 colour flag in the corner but instead of the Eagle centre and horizontal/vertical crosses you have a static swastika and diagonal cross.

I have popped an old Bundes Archiv photo below and you can see the flag I mention.

I just wonder how many of these were printed and from which district it came.

Superb I would love to have that in my collection

All the best
    Doug

Veterans' Organization Flag?

The flag in the background at right from the DE is the Imperial style Stahlhelm flag.
    Practically every Orts-level group from the Stahlhelm-organization did have one.

Note the similarity to the Zeppelin-Reederei Flag....I'm fairly certain that the OP's Flag is for Binnenschiff-Reederei/ Commercial River Barges...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veterans' Organization Flag?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast