MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wall Banner?

Article about: I recently was gifted this from my wife's great uncle. It was brought back as a souvenir from the war but am having trouble identifying it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Default Wall Banner?

I recently was gifted this from my wife's great uncle. It was brought back as a souvenir from the war but am having trouble identifying it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Wall Banner?Wall Banner?Wall Banner?Wall Banner?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall Banner?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wall Banner?

You probably know this already, but the coat of arms is probably from a city or region of Germany...

Ask the great uncle if he is still around. I can only guess it is some kind of Gau or city flag. Closest thing is the city of Nuremberg for the shield design. This is odd though because the national symbol is so small in comparison to the shield. Perhaps it was some kind of parade banner representing a city or district. I would roll it up in something acid free rather than folding it when storing. NH

Yeah I've been trying to find the city that matches that but have had no luck yet.

Nuremberg.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Indeed - Nuremberg coat of arms.........
    Regards,

Steve.

A good guess on my behalf. But what type of flag or banner is it? NH

It appears to me to be a podium banner....
    cheers, Glenn

Bradanimal: Three questions. What are the flag's dimensions? Is the hem across the top hollow so that a pole or dowel could be pushed through? and of what material is the flag made? Absent the answers to those questions, my guess is that it is an official Hall Banner that was displayed inside a city of Nürnberg official building, such as a Standesamt, probably the entrance hall or reception area. There doesn't seem to be a manufacturer's tag on it, which is odd. Dwight

Thanks for the input everyone. Great call on Nuremberg! The dimensions are about 80cm by 102cm. Its made of a very thin cloth and yes it has places on both top AND bottom to slide a pole through. The side looks as though something else used to be stitched into it. It is like that on both sides all the way up and down.

Wall Banner?Wall Banner?Wall Banner?Wall Banner?
    Last edited by bradanimal; 12-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast