Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 German flag top

Article about: Guys, New to the forum as l am trying to find out something about this flag, banner or pike top that my Father recovered as he returned home from Germany as a released RAF POW. I would welco

Guys,

I will have to bow to your knowledge on this but the only thing that backs-up the date is that my Cousin was there when he came home from leave from Cosford and when l showed her the picture some time ago, she remembers it being put on the kitchen table at my Grandparents together with a bayonet, buckle and belt and a pair of binoculars, both of which l still have, with his YMCA POW log book. That being the only possessions he had left.

My Father was never one to tell stories about his time, he told me very little, but he did tell me about the truck.

Ok, thanks guys, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German flag top
    P
    Many

Guys,

Just to respond to a couple of the later comments.

My Father never returned to Germany or went to the USA and spent the rest of his life trying to forget about what he went through so l really cannot see him buying or otherwise something like this after the war. A mystery to me that will be difficult to resolve now.

As l said, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nick

?

Nick,
    what is the diameter of the pole cup? And/or the height and wingspan? While the quality isn't the best, I wouldn't dismiss the piece so quickly.
    Erich

Erich,

Thanks for your comments. I am afraid l cannot dismiss it as there are too many accounts backing up the age, but not much else, apart from my belief in my Father's integrity.

As the say, the quality maybe a bit different to that shown but it looks well used, worn, to me and smaller than those shown. I may be wrong.

I will sort out a picture of it with measurements over the weekend and would really welcome your comments.

My problem is that l have seen nothing like it, replica or original, so have no feeling for its authenticity.

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWar.com

Quote by NickFenton View Post
    Erich,

Thanks for your comments. I am afraid l cannot dismiss it as there are too many accounts backing up the age, but not much else, apart from my belief in my Father's integrity.

As the say, the quality maybe a bit different to that shown but it looks well used, worn, to me and smaller than those shown. I may be wrong.

I will sort out a picture of it with measurements over the weekend and would really welcome your comments.

My problem is that l have seen nothing like it, replica or original, so have no feeling for its authenticity.

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWar.com

I think you will need some better photos for starters. Its pretty poor for what would be an early political style and I have doubts based on what is provided. It is done poorly but not poorly in the way you would see at that time, have at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2