MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German flag top

Article about: Guys, New to the forum as l am trying to find out something about this flag, banner or pike top that my Father recovered as he returned home from Germany as a released RAF POW. I would welco

Default WW2 German flag top

Guys,

New to the forum as l am trying to find out something about this flag, banner or pike top that my Father recovered as he returned home from Germany as a released RAF POW.

I would welcome your assistance.

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWar.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German flag top   WW2 German flag top  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German flag top
    P
    Many

A reproduction of the DE Standard pole top.

Erich,

Thanks for the response.

When you say reproduction, it was taken out of the back of a German truck in April 1945. Many other things were thrown in a lake prior to my Father turning up on the scene so l know it was WW2. Why do you think it is a reproduction? A reproduction to replace lost items?

I am no authority on these things but what is a DE Standard?

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWar.com

Welcome to the forum mate..Just read your website about your father
    WW2 German flag topWW2 German flag topWW2 German flag top

IMO, your PT was made to look like the one pictured.

Definitely a repro piece I'm afraid, always buy the item not the story, unless it has rock solid provenance. After time, stories get fogged, and turn into something exciting, when actually they weren't. I'm not saying your father was lying, he may well have got it from Germany, but it wasn't straight after the war. If you have ever seen a real one, you would know why I am saying this......

standard top, 'Deutschland Erwache' (Germany Awake!)

Each SS and SA regiment carried a standard dedicated by Hitler who touched it with the 'Blood Flag' carried during the 1923 Munich Putsch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German flag top   WW2 German flag top  

Thank you very much for your comments. Much appreciated and a lot more to add.

I saw these pictures when l goggled Erich's comments but the one l have looks quite different and would have looked out of place on these marches/parades. Would it have been a reproduction of one of these for use on parade basis?

Any idea what it would have been used for or who it belonged too, which unit/service?

Regards,

Nick
    KenFentonsWar.com

i

John and Erich,

Your posts crossed with mine.

Regards,

Nick

Your PT never existed during the TR period sorry to say. A lot of these type of items were made for GIs to take home after the war or your father may have purchsaed it a gun show here in the US after he got home. Bottom line, it was not used by any unit during the TR.

Have a look at other German Eagles, yours is lacking in quality,hence why it appears to be post war Third Reich Eagles: February 2013
    WW2 German flag top

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast