Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hirschfänger w/original Portepee. Blade stamped WKC

Article about: My first post. Hirschfänger w/original Portepee. Blade stamped WKC (Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co.) Can anyone give me any further information? Approximate date?

Default Hirschfänger w/original Portepee. WKC.

Hirschfänger w/ original Portepee.
    Blade stamped WKC (Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co.)
    with Knight's Helmet trademark.
    Can anyone provide further information?
    For example:, an approximate date?
    Identification of Portepee?
    (It is metallic gold/bronze color with green bottom/interior).
    Hirschfänger w/original Portepee.  Blade stamped WKC
    Last edited by robinpeck; 10-02-2018 at 11:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hirschfänger w/original Portepee.  Blade stamped WKC
    P
    Many

I really love the bronze patina of this hirschfanger, even with blade greying. As for age, it has to be post 1930 as that is evident from the trademark type. Any scabbard?

Does anyone have an idea what this dagger is approximately worth? I intend to offer it for sale but am not sure what to ask. I see them for sale but the prices seem too high and doubt if they actually sell at those high prices. Am I even allowed to ask this question here?

?

Quote by robinpeck View Post
    Does anyone have an idea what this dagger is approximately worth? I intend to offer it for sale but am not sure what to ask. I see them for sale but the prices seem too high and doubt if they actually sell at those high prices. Am I even allowed to ask this question here?
    We are here to help with things like originality, origin etc..... not to give you prices and then sell, so the answer is NO
    Look at the dealers sites and decide for yourself what a going price would be, take 30% of the big dealer prices and you have a collector to collector price.

Ger

?

Robin what i dislike is the fact that you did not displayed the scabbard here, it seems you know that that one does not belong to this WKC.
    I see it listed on EBAY with a scabbard that does not belong to a Hirschfänger but to a Bayonet.

Ger
    Hirschfänger w/original Portepee.  Blade stamped WKCHirschfänger w/original Portepee.  Blade stamped WKC

Why would I exhibit on this site the obviously non-matching bayonet sheath? If and when the dagger is ever sold the sheath will go with it as a "freebie" but since it is obviously not the original scabbard I saw no reason to display it on this site. This dagger has no original sheath.

Also re: "take 30% of the big dealer prices and you have a collector to collector price." Did you mean 30% OF the dealers price or 30% OFF the dealers price? I am thinking you maybe meant to say "off" rather than "of"?

30 % off dealer markup
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is that an average? Is that all most dealers are making...30%?

Depends upon the dealer or seller.

Advice has been given to compare market value with other dealer websites.
    This thread is not a matter of how much they charge for their items but a matter of what you will pay upon your own desirability of wanting that item.

Once those dealer items are viewed ..it is up to you to decide what is best for your own wallet. This website is not in existence to give greater media exposure to dealers and sellers..but to have you read and understand the historical value of a time period of which these items have been a witness to.

This is a value that there is no price tag for...but upon frequency these items are priced accordingly to condition rarity and craftmanship.
    If you want it bad enough ..you will pay the asking price or negotiate further with the merchant.

I have seen some outlandishly priced items on our own classified section here from members ...and the bottom line is what you are willing to pay or negotiate it for?

Check some dealer websites and compare ..they all do vary in their pricing which none of it has anything to do with their dealer markup.
    Just as is with a seller..its up to their discretion what price tag they put on it and your knowledge gained through reading these threads of true worth.

Larry

Free authentication and valuation service.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Does the classified section of this website even work? All I ever get is this : "We're sorry, but the system experienced an unrecoverable error. Please try again later."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast