Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

W.Clauberg "vintage" deers foot dagger

Article about: Hi guys, I have seen this dagger for sale which is described as a vintage W.Clauberg deers foot dagger , I have tried researching these and there is very little information on origin or peri

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    I would think pre war . most items are marked east or west Germany after the war or occupied.
    Well in this case i have a different opinion.
    As Lance stated above the Wingen company used all kinds of trademark-Logo;s which they owned well after the war.
    A good friend of mine has a knife shop and sells Solinger Knives, like Klaas, Hubertus etc..firms that are still in business.
    He also collects knives.
    He helped me with the Clauberg bowie and pointed out that Wingen made lots of retro knives along the years with Original brands and logo's from the '20-30ths that he owned and that in a lot of cases it was difficult to say when they were produced.

my 2 cents: this one to me is post war, looking at the shiny chrome button and the fittings used.

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-11-2017 at 07:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W.Clauberg "vintage" deers foot dagger
    P
    Many

Yes, "West Germany" was marked on a whole range of items produced in the "West" prior to the fall of Berlin wall. However in the immediate post war period, say 1945-1950's, perhaps into the early 1960's you do find Solingen made products maked "Solingen-Germany". For example the HJ style "Scout knives".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12