Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waidblatt-Waidbestecke Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus

Article about: The Forestry collectors know these hunting blades as they are very sought after and very hard to find, therefore they dont come cheap either! Thank to my English collector friend Gary i fina

?

Default Waidblatt-Waidbestecke Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus

The Forestry collectors know these hunting blades as they are very sought after and very hard to find, therefore they dont come cheap either!
    Thank to my English collector friend Gary i finally saw a period advertisement that was publised in a German Hunting magazine that F.Dula didnt only made the "Waidbesteck" Hunting set made of a large blade and a small skinner on top of the scabbard.
    I was so Lucky to find one, as far as i know only Gary owns 2 others, i havent seen any yet.
    The Large Bowie Waidbesteck is an unmarked F.W. Backhause ( i previously owned the Bowie as a Waidblatt which bears the Backhaus logo ( Kid on the back of a storch)
    The blades are in perfect condition, sharp as shark teeth...
    That one comes straigh of the son hands, his father became a dad when he turned 57, so counting down this Backhaus would be made ast. 1910-1914.

The F.Dula's both have the DRGM markings placing them in the 1936-1939 area ( as F.Dula optained the D.R.G.M. in 1936 for 3 years)
    Enjoy the pics.

Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus   Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus  

Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus   Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus  

Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus   Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus  

Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waidblatt-Waidbestecke  Hunting blades F.Dula and Backhaus
    P
    Many

Gerrit

long time since I have been on this forum but it's nice to see your F Dula's posted here along with a great Backhaus as well, both are tough to find as you well know, I do have some information I can add to the enigma surrounding the F Dula Waidbesteck, I'm just waiting for a book to come in written by Frevert that should spread some light on the early F Dula's prior to the Patent date.
    Lovely knives

Gary

?

Beautiful looking set!
    Congrats on adding them to your collection.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Beautiful knives Ger. Really top shelf stuff mate that exude quality. I love the leather work of the scabbards. Great additions to your collection.

?

Thank you all for the kind words, appreciated!

Gary any added information would be very nice, so please feel free to add!
    i have seen your F.Dula with a twist post on GDC and i love it, great info and variations whom i never seen before!

Thx
    Ger

Just one word comes up in my mind ... INCREDIBLE

It is enjoyable to read about the Edged weapon types that were not sanctioned by the Third Reich ..yet were a necessity to the hunter or to who ever that the producer was known for producing cutlery needed for everyday life.

The art craft of these Dula knives and leather scabbard are very attractive ..and gives competition to the American Brand Bowie.
    Nice acquisition Ger

I feel that these knives dont get alot of exposure anywhere and may well be seen on special sites that forums cater to..but nice to see a German Made Knife that are producer and DRGM marked !!

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ger,what a fantastic pieces you have, the condition is unbelievable..
    Thanks for sharing

?

Really amazing pieces and in fantastic condition too! Great score

Danny

Would look great in my uniform belt
    Love them Ger!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast