Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 dated belt.

Article about: Hi Chaps, I've been after one of these for a while, so I thought I'd post it up. As you can see it's a 1939 dated belt, in mint condition & in size 120cm's. Almost too big for me; but it

Default 1939 dated belt.

Hi Chaps, I've been after one of these for a while, so I thought I'd post it up. As you can see it's a 1939 dated belt, in mint condition & in size 120cm's. Almost too big for me; but it just fits!! It's never had a buckle fitted so I'm going to take it easy with it. As for condition it's a little dry with a few minor cracks on the inside; but nothing major. Anyway, I'm well chuffed with it

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 dated belt.   1939 dated belt.  

1939 dated belt.   1939 dated belt.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 dated belt.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1939 dated belt.

Very nice belt indeed! Condition is awesome! Great condition belts are getting harder and harder to find! Congrats on this acquisition!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I was pleased to get it, Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard, that is a good big size and it what poosibly explains it's early date and great condition.

Very large or very small items are often the ones to survive in good condition as they never got issued from the stores.

Nice find!

Cheers, Ade.

Nice belt Richard, and in top condition, 120 is a massive size, the wearer would not have seen much combat, only probably in a kitchen love the makers mark, I used to live near Goch for two years when I was based at Laarbruch, I always wanted a belt marked from this maker and one from Bielefeld also, I also lived there for three years
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 05-29-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    Ben

Thanks Ade & Ben.

Yeah Ade you're right about the larger & smaller items. People in general were smaller then. But it's good for the larger physique of today!!

Hi Ben, the belt came direct from a chap in Germany. It looks great with a near mint buckle

Cheers,

Richard.

You need a buckle like this one! hahahaha.....Not easy to find and not the most affordable - but they are out there.

Rob

PS....this is by far my "mintiest" buckle....now I'm needing to find a belt like yours!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 dated belt.   1939 dated belt.  

1939 dated belt.  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 dated belt. 

Hi Rob, I remember this one I've got some that are nice; but not as mint as this one. They're only a year apart, would make a nice match

Cheers,

Richard.