Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone attend Militaria Fairs in the UK?

Article about: I was just wondering who in here visits the Fairs? I've not been to a fair for years and was wondering about starting to visit them again. I missed the recent Birmingham one, but know there

Default Anyone attend Militaria Fairs in the UK?

I was just wondering who in here visits the Fairs? I've not been to a fair for years and was wondering about starting to visit them again. I missed the recent Birmingham one, but know there is one in Pudsey on 20th October.

If anyone attends, may be good to meet up there and chat over coffee....

On a general note, fairs across the world, so they seem to be drying up, or are the items for sale drying up, overpriced, full of fakes? Discuss...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone attend Militaria Fairs in the UK?
    P
    Many

I visit the local fairs here in Western Australia and often help out at a mates stall. I like them, don't often buy anything of any consequence at them but I always learn something from talking to other collectors. It's nice being able to speak face to face with others that share an interest in the hobby too. Western Australia is a comparatively small community to where most of the people on the forum here are from so it is always nice to see familiar faces for a chat.

Lenny, I attend them sometimes, however you may be in for a shock, there is a lot of blantant crap that some of these dealers are selling, really opened my eyes!
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Lenny, I attend them sometimes, however you may be in for a shock, there is a lot of blantant crap that some of these dealers are selling, really opened my eyes!
    To be honest, even a few years back when I was a regular at the fairs they were selling crap...

?

The one and only fair I have been to I got ripped off on a couple of items, as stated above lots of sellers just sold complete rubbish. But if you are confident in what to look out for and know about fakes I think it will be fine. The plus side to militaria fairs is that you can talk to fellow collectors and dealers (the good ones) and also haggle on price which is something you can't do over the web.

?

I think the quality of them is on the decline from what I've seen over the past 20 years. I suppose it's inevitable as people retain collections and given that there is a finite amount of collectible stuff out there eventually we'll experience a decline.

I think the fakers really don't help as it has become a lot harder for certain areas of the hobby as they have flooded it with knock off items.

?

Going Stockport fair on Saturday that's if my hangover ain't too bad 😉

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Going Stockport fair on Saturday that's if my hangover ain't too bad 😉
    If you go dont sell that rifle!
    Ben

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Going Stockport fair on Saturday that's if my hangover ain't too bad ��
    Knowing your record Dave you will pick up a blinding piece as usual !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    If you go dont sell that rifle!
    It can be yours mate ;-)

- - Updated - -

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Knowing your record Dave you will pick up a blinding piece as usual !!

Nick
    Thanks Nick I will try my best ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast