Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Assmann DRGM Markings

Article about: I wonder if any member of the forum holds a buckle where on the box lip, is stamped the Assmann logo together with DRGM and possibly (and possibly not), a number? If so, images of the buckle

Default Assmann DRGM Markings

I wonder if any member of the forum holds a buckle where on the box lip, is stamped the Assmann logo together with DRGM and possibly (and possibly not), a number?

If so, images of the buckle would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann DRGM Markings
    P
    Many

Default Re: Assmann DRGM Markings

David, some month ago, someone sent me photos of buckles, he wanted to sell. One was a "Woelflinge" ( the wolfs head one ) the other was small SA roundel and this had additional RZM on the left side (of the A/DRGM/36 marking) and on the right side M 4. Too much markings for me and the price was very high, so I didn't buy them.
    Other buckles he offered had D & S + 585 markings , one was a sunwheel and the other a sig rune symbol ( the one in a diamond ).
    I can't scan at the moment, so I had to discribe them. I had bad feelings about them and let them all go.
    A trustful fleamarket dealer, I know for years, told me, you can get alot of different markings be made on a fleamarket at Marseille / France...for small money...

Do you think, these are authentic markings on your picture ?

cheers Thomas

Default Re: Assmann DRGM Markings

Hello Thomas

I am always happy to be the subject of a "Road to Damascus" conversion, however I have never liked these boxes marked in such a way. In the past, I have seen and have been offered these "A DRGM 36" boxes with various roundels applied, to include a very convincing NSBO. Up until recently, I have dismissed them as nonsense fantasy markings to post 1945 productions. Having said that, I was recently shown by an advanced collector a buckle which on the reverse lip, again had the same A logo and the same style of DRGM, although without any numbers. Again, very convincing !!

Not one that I like, however I was interested to see others if in any collection.

Regards,

David

I'm just lurking around and saw this very interesting thread. Does anyone have something to add?

?

I have a similar marking on a Justice official round buckle but I haven't come across a box type with these markings.