Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belt buckle authenticity

Article about: Greetings to all, I am a new member. I found the belt buckle in the image in my father's effects after he passed away. He served in the airborne during the war. I am wondering about its auth

Default Belt buckle authenticity

Greetings to all, I am a new member. I found the belt buckle in the image in my father's effects after he passed away. He served in the airborne during the war. I am wondering about its authenticity. It seems odd that it is shiny because that would not seem to be a good idea for a soldier to wear something like that. I looked at a number of postings about belt buckles but I was not able to learn much relative to this one.
    Many thanks for having a look
    Jim
    Belt buckle authenticityBelt buckle authenticityBelt buckle authenticityBelt buckle authenticityBelt buckle authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belt buckle authenticity
    P
    Many

It looks to be an original feldgrau steel buckle that someone has polished up post war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

In the last photo, to the left of the belt catch, looks like a stamping with initials 'H K'. If so, the maker of the buckle is Hermann Knoller, Pforzheim.

For me original HK buckle in rough condition, obverse looks to have been polished/buffed up as Ralph stated. Clear pic of the eagle would be nice ?
    Ben

?

Original buckle but the polishing/ buffing hurts the collector value. Not as bad as a kid I knew in Jr. High that painted a DD helmet to match his bike.

Thank you for that info. There are some dark spots on the buckle, I assume these would polish out?
    Best, Jim

My dad must have gotten it from a marine that felt obligated to polish it. Funny story about the DD helmet.

best,

Jim

Thanks for that info.

Best,

Jim

Thanks Ben, let me klnwo if this is clear enough for you.

best,

JimBelt buckle authenticity

Great thanks buckle is fine
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast