Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Belt and Buckle. What is it???

Article about: I don't know if I have this in the right place or not. I am helping a small home town Museum with some of the items they have received. This belt and buckle came from a WWI veteran's estate

Default Belt and Buckle. What is it???

I don't know if I have this in the right place or not. I am helping a small home town Museum with some of the items they have received. This belt and buckle came from a WWI veteran's estate and I don't know what it is or even what country it belongs too. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

Belt and Buckle. What is it???Belt and Buckle. What is it???Belt and Buckle. What is it???
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belt and Buckle. What is it???
    P
    Many

John

It is a WW1 Sachsen Officer brocade, I initially thought it was a standard Imperial Heer buckle but I am sure its Sachsen Sachsen being Saxony BTW
    Ben

I agree with Ben completely...just a tip, note the two green horizontal lines on the brocade belt...green was/is the State Color of Sachsen/Saxony in the same manner as blue/white represents Bavaria, or as black/white represent Prussia...
    A rather scarce and desirable piece, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks for that Glenn, I have learnt something there
    Ben

Thanks Glenn and Ben for your information Now I can pass it along as it is not for sale. It will be on display for all to see.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.