Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bergbau

Article about: The postman dropped off three nice additions yesterday. First up is a National Mining Association buckle. Angola's book says these are 90mm but this one measures about 94mm x 48mm. Great loo

?

That is a spectacular buckle Kirby.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

anyone who can recommend a good book about buckles? i now understand i need one. then i might not need to say "i have never seen one before!" again.
    Stig
    ps! and yes, that is a great buckle.

i found this thread so i will start with one of these two.
    Stig
    Buckle Books

That design is truly one of the best from the TR in my opinion

And I have actually missed the thread about the Assmann catalog! So now I have something to do when the baby is asleep.

Stig: Good job I have the Peter Nash book and can recommend it, I will buy the newer Angolia when time is right.
    But like Ben stated in that thread, this forum have helped much more than my book.

?

Glad everyone seems to like it. I think it is a very unique buckle. The Assmann catalogue is a great reference for any TR collector not just buckles. I have used it to ID all sorts of metal items.
    Last edited by kirby; 07-01-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote by kirby View Post
    The postman dropped off three nice additions yesterday. First up is a National Mining Association buckle. Angola's book says these are 90mm but this one measures about 94mm x 48mm. Great looking eagle attached with three bent over pins. I sold off all my regular mining buckles but I have always wanted one of these unique buckles. A old buddy had one of the Mining stove pipe shakos with a huge eagle like this.
    Dear Kirby

Do you have the publication by Jürgen Bandau "Deutsche Koppelschlösser 1800-1945 (Patzwall 1990) ?

If not and if you have an interest in "Bergbau", send me an e-mail.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12