Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black webbing belt?

Article about: Hi guys, Not been on in a while, work and trying not to spend money with new baby on way. Too much temptation in here... Anyway, got this from a collector friend. He picked it up years ago i

Default Black webbing belt?

Hi guys,

Not been on in a while, work and trying not to spend money with new baby on way. Too much temptation in here...

Anyway, got this from a collector friend. He picked it up years ago in a second hand shop, more a charity shop than a militaria/antique shop.

Black webbing that feels softer, finer than a normal tropical web belt. On back of attachment tab is the inked mark "36 - 40" which I wonder if that's inches which is imperial rather then metric as it should be. Or is it a maker code and date?

Metal hook and stitching consistent with what I would expect on a tropical belt. I've heard the stories about Panzer or HJ over the years but never seen any period pics...

What's the latest opinions on these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black webbing belt?   Black webbing belt?  

Black webbing belt?   Black webbing belt?  

Black webbing belt?   Black webbing belt?  

Black webbing belt?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black webbing belt?
    P
    Many

Sorry Lenny, not much help form me I'm afraid on this one. I have heard of late war black HJ belts but no nowt about them. Looks like its been blackened with boot polish
    Ben

Ive seen such belts, but grey ones that were post war DDR-NVA belts. The metal hook sure looks the same. Maybe this is a fire fighter belt as it is black? Is the fabric synthetic (hot needle test)?

?

I have looked at a couple of black HJ web belts but they both had the rectangular police type catch and web adjustment straps with sewn holes. They were better quality construction than this belt. The dealers were proud of the belts, if I remember correctly they were priced over $400

NVA work uniform belt?...

Cheers guys, anyone got any pics of the NVA work belts? The ones I've seen were more synthetic. I'll burn a fibre from this one.. I didn't pay big money on this, more as a curio...

I give up; all the DDR/NVA Koppels Ive seen all have a different catch for the buckle, not the double leather strap as seen on ww2 era German belts. I wanted to make a point but seaching the net for DDR belts left me even move confussed! I have no clue what your belt is now...

It doesn't glow under black light and burns like cotton, not synthetic. The weave pattern is similar to tropical belts I have, just a bit thinner...

I still reckon NVA, note the shape of the stitching just behind the belt hook and compare it to the one on the link!..
    Ehemalige Grenzer der DDR: April 2010

If you translate the text it states "later these were dyed black and used on the work uniform".

Looking like it, different with leather tab but that could be added later or a variation...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast