Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brown Officers Belt by Assmann

Article about: Hi guys this is my second attempt to buy an officer's belt so i could use your help. 1. Is the leather and buckle original? 2. Is it for a LW officer or for political leader? Thanks in advan

Default Brown Officers Belt by Assmann

Hi guys this is my second attempt to buy an officer's belt so i could use your help.
    1. Is the leather and buckle original?
    2. Is it for a LW officer or for political leader?
    Thanks in advance.

- - Updated - -

The buckle is marked on the reverse but no markings are on the leather.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brown Officers Belt by Assmann   Brown Officers Belt by Assmann  

Brown Officers Belt by Assmann   Brown Officers Belt by Assmann  

Brown Officers Belt by Assmann  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brown Officers Belt by Assmann
    P
    Many

Default re: Brown Officers Belt by Assmann

Hello ,

It's a very nice LW officers belt .

For politicals the buckle must be gild .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Hi Markus and thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Markus,

I disagree that the buckle would have to be gilt for Political, I would have said that it should have a square (silver) buckle for Luftwaffe and that Political belts like the one shown can have the silver buckle with a black or brown leather and that these were most probably used by HJ.
    Also, I have a similar, but wider belt wiith an open silver buckle which is Political or SA and "Croupon" marked.

Nice belt in any event

I do not doubt everything, but I think this piece rather

for a non-political version.

Political plays by Assmann had a RZM mark
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I think that this is a really super buckle and strap. The condition is remarkable and dare I say, it is being offered at a more than reasonable price. It is however extremely difficult to put an exact identification or date on this. Also, do not forget the Assmann produced these buckles post 1945.

All I would say to the purist is that the overwhelming majority of Wehrmacht related Doppelschnalle detailed in the Assmann catalogue(s) had sharpish corners. The much softer rounded corners is for "others" and to include the SA. This frame looks remarkably like the Assmann item number 22259 (SA). Having said that and with the absence of any RZM markings to the leather or frame, it may well be a post 1945 piece.

I do not think that anyone can be 100% sure toward pedigree, however if I was completing a Wehrmacht Heer/Luftwaffe display, by a purist point of view, this is not one that I would choose.

Regards,

David

Hi guys, for some weird reason i was not notified by the forum's server for the rest of the replies in this thread.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    It is for sure more confusing for me now as i have to choose to buy it or not.
    As David said the offered price is more than fair so i think i'll go for it. I wouldn't like to own it if i knew for sure that it was made post 1945 but since this can not be verified in any way, i'll probably take the risk.

As a uniform collector (SS mainly) I do not think that you can go wrong with this belt.

I have a couple of SS officer belts but I have also got a black and brown version of this belt that I would not hesitate to use with a uniform set up.

Late on, (1944ish) this pattern of belt was frequently used in lieu of the "proper" model but this was not so earlier in the war.