Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buckle books?

Article about: Hi guys, Just wondering what are the best buckle books in your opinion? I've just got out all my military books after being stored for a few years. I've got the ones as below in the pic... T

Default Buckle books?

Hi guys,

Just wondering what are the best buckle books in your opinion? I've just got out all my military books after being stored for a few years. I've got the ones as below in the pic... The Russian perspective book I've just bought, but the other three I've had for years. Funnily enough, Jack Angolia's book is signed and dedicated to me as I used to chat to Jack quite frequently years back.

Presuming the Peter Nash book is the current favourite? I'll need to pick that up...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle books?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle books?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle books?

Lenny, I personally like the Angolia and the Nash book, for me they are the best two
    Ben

Lenny I have Peter Nash's book and it is the best It has good reference and period photos I highly recommend it I have read all you show in your picture. timothy

?

Angolia and Nash are both good books but they both have some mistakes and a few repos. The Evans book has a lot of nice buckles but you'll find 8-10 bad buckles and some of the good buckles are reprinted.

Cheers guys, I've ordered up the Nash book. Since I've got back into collecting it's bitten hard I'm afraid. Agreed about the Evans book, no relation I take it Ben? The amount of repaints is quite crazy, and what's with the removing of tabs? I remember years back in the Yahoo Groups belt buckle group there was quite a buzz surrounding the book when it came out, and not in a good way.

No Lenny, lol, no relation, I actually gave my Evans book away
    Ben

Hi Lenny,
    I agree with up above books opinions and there are some other pubs (not current) also considered intreasting for this topic:

- Francis Catella " Gott Mitt Uns" In French and tough to find but great photos and info (you can find this also with google...)
    - J. Bandau/Patzwall " Deutches Koppleschlosser 1800-1945" In German but again lots of photos and info ( not easy and not cheaper to find...)
    - Bob Evans "Third Reich Belt buckles" Lots of bad and repainted buckles but still some interesting buckles
    - Terrence Baldwin, " German Waist Belts" Published in 1981 and hard to find...(take a glimpse at link below...)

https://www.weitze.net/cgi-bin/suche...alog&start=200

Cheers
    Andrea

The Bandau and Catella books are like rocking horse sh@~te to find
    Ben

Mate , what's the matter :-D :-D I have both: Catella.pdf (I have bandau only on paper for now) do you want some ;-)

Yes Andreas, I most certainly would
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast