Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Buckle & knife?

Article about: Not knowing anything about these items, it looks to me as if someone added the knife blade at some point. The belt doesn't fit under the post sleeve, I believe it's called, with the blade in

Default Buckle & knife?

Not knowing anything about these items, it looks to me as if someone added the knife blade at some point. The belt doesn't fit under the post sleeve, I believe it's called, with the blade in place.

Is this real or fake? I read somewhere that factory rejects and surplus items were assembled into unique items, such as letter openers by using German regulation belt buckle with affixed stiletto blade.

Is this true?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle & knife?   Buckle & knife?  

Buckle & knife?   Buckle & knife?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle & knife?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle & knife?

Unfortunately the buckle is famous fantasy

As already stated buckle is no good
    Ben

Is it true however, about surplus inventory converted to letter openers?

Who knows? maybe, but the buckle example in the picture you have provided is bogus
    Ben

I am afraid that both the buckle and the blade are fantasy, as well as the contrived assembly of the two items. This strange chimera family (TeNo, NSKK, Wehrmacht, DRK, etc.) first surfaced in England during the early 1970's and remarkably, they still time from time appear on dealers sites.

Regards,

David