Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do you wear a buckle?

Article about: I bought a heavily worn luftwaffe belt and buckle from a man here in Houston. He had just moved here from Germany and told me that he wore it in East Germany nearly his entire childhood and

Default Do you wear a buckle?

Hi guys,

A funny thing happened on Sunday. As some of you may know, I'm a press photographer and I was out on a cycle run from Glasgow to Edinburgh. I wasn't cycling obviously, just photographing those who were... C'monn, that's why the car was invented, so we don't have to cycle...

Anyway, just as I got out of my car to start the full day job, the buckle on my belt broke. I wear jeans for 95% of my time and have a favourite Levi's belt and buckle. I've had it for about, oh 10 years or so. I had the do the whole day with my jeans "hingin' off my erse" to coin a Glaswegian phrase.

I got home late after filing my pics around the papers and turned the house upside down, could I find another belt??? For a belt and buckle collector I found this hilarious, although not as much as my wife did. Not a belt to be found in the whole house, they must have been packed away from my house move 2 years ago.... Obviously I wouldn't use a leather from my collection, and to be honest they are all too small anyway...

Doh, what to do, I've got early jobs on the Monday morning, no time to buy a new belt... Aha, thinks I, where is that cobblers thread and old alloy belt hook. Tadaaaaaa..... a bit of sewing and leather punching later and I have my old jeans belt modified to take a box buckle. Now, I'd personally find it offensive to wear a swastika, and my collecting isn't about promoting the Third Reich. I see my buckles as captured war souveniers... I was going to wear an NVA or a post war, but then thought I'd just go with a Prussian brass/nickle. It was only meant to be temporary, but think I'll stick with it. I'm quite happy with it, but maybe will buy a repro buckle to wear for everyday wear.

Anyone know where the best repro Prussian buckles can be had?

Am I the only saddo wearing an old German buckle????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you wear a buckle?   Do you wear a buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you wear a buckle?
    P
    Many

You are not the only one:-). But I use this belt only in the woods... and yes, it is a nice post WWII denazified RODO so I can not offend anyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you wear a buckle?   Do you wear a buckle?  

I often wear an NVA buckle and grey webbing belt!....

Years ago I would wear my Wehrmacht buckle with jeans...nobody ever even noticed it, but now it's safe in my collection again...
    cheers, Glenn

I used to know a few guys who would wear buckles, not many people noticed but I thought it was a bit off. That's just me... I did have a friend who wore a Tony Oliver OLT fake SS buckle for years... I was never sure if he was trying to give it real wear, but saying that most folk had the OLT's sussed. Wish I still had my old OLT, good to have from a sentimental feeling, the first buckle I ever had, albeit I bought it as a fake.

Here are some repro buckles for sale also other states are available.

Epic Militaria > German WW1

At college I used to wear a Soviet buckle, but then decided it went better in the collection. People probably thought being a student I was making a political statement. Na too simple for that, it was just cheaper and better quality than a lot of civilian ones

I used to run around town with a WH M43 from 1944Militaria on my head...until a stranger on the street liked it so much he made me an offer I couldn't refuse, lol...!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-11-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Never really done it but nowt wrong with it Lenny lol
    Ben

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    Here are some repro buckles for sale also other states are available.

Epic Militaria > German WW1
    Cheers mate, ordered up a repro Prussian brass/nickle...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast