Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Early supporters full face swastika buckles

Article about: Here are a brace of the early "full face" and "upright" swastika buckles, which of course are now well documented. They have been attributed to both the Freikorp and the

Default Re: Early supporters full face swastika buckles

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	155325  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by David North View Post
    David, with this buckle with the 1/33 do you think that this was like you stated an imperial Heer buckle which has had the Swaz soldered on then cleaned up, that would mean that the 1/33 could be a unit mark of some sorts?
    Ben

Could be SA Sturm 1/33 or could have been made for the January 1933 election?

Have these been seen with other markings?

Dear Ben and Bochmann

To be perfectly honest, I think that these full face swastika buckles (the originals at least), were bespoke made rather than being "converted or cannibalised" examples from say former Imperial buckles and as such, made to a specific order.

As to the various stampings, again, I may with others only guess. I think however that the stampings are an indication of NSDAP related "...the property of..." rather than inherited marks from the former use of the buckle.

Regards,

David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123