Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EM belt

Article about: Today I got what I believe is a German brown belt that was manufactured in Amsterdam. It has the typical metal hook and leather tounge w/7 sets of adjustment holes for the buckle. It's also

?

Default EM belt

Today I got what I believe is a German brown belt that was manufactured in Amsterdam. It has the typical metal hook and leather tounge w/7 sets of adjustment holes for the buckle. It's also maker marked J. de Valk jr. AMSTERDAM in an oval with a flying eagle in the center. I know Amsterdam was occupied during the war. Does anyone have a like belt or any info about it. Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EM belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: EM belt

Mark, any chance of any pictures please?
    Ben

?

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for your reply. I've never sent photos on this site but here goes. Let me know what you think. All the best..............MARK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM belt   EM belt  

Attached Images Attached Images EM belt  EM belt 

The construction is very similar to the two belts I own, although both mine are black leather and neither from Amsterdam. I'd say it looks very good. Look better with a buckle though.....

?

Hi Jimmy,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm convinced the belt is period. It looks the same as a german manufactured one. Just didn't know if the dutch army used the same style em belt. Happy holidays!
    Mark

Nice belt there Mark! could have been made for organisations such as the NSB, etc. and even the Rot- Mof (Slang in Amsterdam for German Army "rotten moths")
    I'd take it off you no problem!
    Regards
    René

Hi Mark, many thanks for the pics and a very interesting belt and a first for me. I believe the piece is period, could you send closer pics of the makers mark and the stitching if possible?

Thanks

Ben
    Ben

Hi! I too would like to see closeups of the markings on the belt!

Rob

?

Never seen before but I'd like to see more details before saying anything.
    However, i tend to be always a bit suspicious and cautious and the fact that the stitching is loose on the hook tongue , sets off an alarm bell to me. But again,I am a cautious person and the belt can still be legit.

Hello,
    I don't like either the loose stitching for the hook....
    not saying the belt is bogus, I don't know if this belt is made this way because it was produced in Amsterdam, but all german combat belts were made differently as far as leather is concerned.
    The grain side of the leather should be inside and the flesh should be outside, not the opposite as seen here.
    I'm with reneblacky here, maybe a production for a political/paramilitary organisation.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast