Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake Alert

Article about: Gents Please have a good look at this fake SS Officer buckle, as a copie it is very very good, alot of the issues with the old red flags have been resolved as in the crimp, post sleeve, mark

Default Fake Alert

Gents

Please have a good look at this fake SS Officer buckle, as a copie it is very very good, alot of the issues with the old red flags have been resolved as in the crimp, post sleeve, markings. This is a dangerous fake gents, I will try and buy one if possible and get good detailed pics of it
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake Alert  Fake Alert 
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Alert
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake Alert

Ben, how recently would this have been faked ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Probably a few months Nick, and it is a good fake, they have improved them 100% I would imagine soon you will probably have to have one in the hand to know if real or fake! Getting beyond a joke
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Probably a few months Nick, and it is a good fake, they have improved them 100% I would imagine soon you will probably have to have one in the hand to know if real or fake! Getting beyond a joke
    do you know where i can buy one like this, will be a good space filler on a dummie

I am trying to find one myself to post pics on here, if you find them for sale let me know and I will do likewise
    Ben

I don't collect buckles but a nice SS enlisted mans buckle would be a great addition for my small SS collection, it is at the point where I think I would only buy one from one of you blokes here, I just can't tell good ones from bad ones no matter how much I look at the pics on the forum. You blokes that do know provide a great service for the rest of us.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I am trying to find one myself to post pics on here, if you find them for sale let me know and I will do likewise
    ok thanks and when i find one i let you know

?

Ben,

do you know if the shown fake is casted/ molded or die stamped?

Best,
    Guido

Quote by Guido View Post
    Ben,

Best,
    Guido
    I dont mate sorry, I am trying hardest to get one at the mo so we can get some good pics posted on the forum
    Ben

Quote by Guido View Post
    Ben,

Best,
    Guido
    It is casted. You can read the original post here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...inal-132754-2/

I have close ups of those fakes since this exact buckle was purchased by a good German friend and high resolution photos were made. This buckle is no longer offered for sale. But I believe I should'nt have posted those photos since now a dedicated thread was started and I do not believe starting to pinpoint what is wrong and what is not is an asset to the collector's communuty. It will just help fakers to improve that production (and most likely they already did). So if you want to, one day, no longer be able to tell the difference, just continue to say in public what is wrong.

There is also a fake early SS officer in nickel silver out. Even more convincing than this aluminum. That one nobody told what was wrong and so production did not improve since the last two years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast