Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fantasy Buckle?

Article about: Hi all, I've come across this buckle for fairly cheap amount, and definitely need a more informed opinion. I personally have never seen a buckle with the skull on it before, and searching on

Default Fantasy Buckle?

Hi all,

I've come across this buckle for fairly cheap amount, and definitely need a more informed opinion.

I personally have never seen a buckle with the skull on it before, and searching on the rogues and fake gallery I haven't come across anything(yet, there is quite a few). Looks like a two-piece construction with the Friedrich Linden maker mark. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fantasy Buckle?   Fantasy Buckle?  

Fantasy Buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fantasy Buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fantasy Buckle?

Hi John, you are correct, a fantasy design.

Cheers, Ade.

These buckles, along with other designs (Stahlhelmbund, Heer, Reichsbahn) but always the same reverse construction and marking, are made in Poland. They can be usually bought from polish fleamarket dealers as part of their standard portfolio of items.

Yup....never existed.....as mentioned: all the series of these fantasy/reproduction buckles have the same back to them - with the same maker: M4/24
    Rob

I get notified of at least two to four of these "rare, elite unit" buckles daily by the ebay saved search feature. Strange that they are so rare and yet, are listed daily! And, they are so elite that I have not yet seen one on a German soldier.
    This back also appears on an occational WW1 Wuerttemberg buckle as well. I have never seen this style back on a buckle that is anything but fake
    Jagdhorn

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Yup....never existed.....as mentioned: all the series of these fantasy/reproduction buckles have the same back to them - with the same maker: M4/24
    Rob
    ....and the cheeky sods put the same markings on a purported WW1 German army buckle ! laughable !....'RZM' marks on an Imperial buckle !, its enough to make the Kaiser turn in his grave !

Great info guys, thanks. Now I know why I couldn't shake the bad feeling I had about this