Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what??

Article about: Folks, I am trying to ID this buckle for someone on another forum. I see similarities with the Forestry Official Leader's buckle as well as Penal unit administrator buckle but I am of the op

Default Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what??

Folks,

I am trying to ID this buckle for someone on another forum. I see similarities with the Forestry Official Leader's buckle as well as Penal unit administrator buckle but I am of the opinion this is a fake buckle.. Would like some confirmation on my suspicions if you don't mind...

The pictures are the not the best and the only ones I have. The two pictures of the front and back of the buckle with the light green paint were pulled from an auction website and was labeled as an "Enlisted Forestry Buckle"

The other picture is from the poster on another forum and is the only one posted...

Again apologies for the pictures..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what??   Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what??  

Attached Images Attached Images Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what?? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what??
    P
    Many

?

Smitty,

I tend to agree with you that it is a fake. I am not crazy about the pebbling, catch or prongs. Could be mistaken but seems not to be the real deal.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Rossi,

Thanks brother...Hope you had a great Thanksgiving...

Have you ever seen or heard of an enlisted forestry buckle?? I don't have any buckle books yet, my wife got me one for Christmas so I have one on the shelf, but this is a real mystery one...

Maybe Ben Evans and the other buckle scholars will see this one and contribute their knowledge...

Smitty

?

I too found this one Odd couldn't find another one like it, the style almost mimics the Miners Bureau belt buckle. Also why the green paint?

?

Smitty,

I have 3 buckle books but can’t see them as I am on the road currently. Yes I had the same concern as in my past experience I had not seen an enlisted buckle like this one either.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Know fake based on a quick read of my buckle book. Catch, ears and prongs as seen on many fakes, and the paint. Looks like a bit of fake aging on the right center and corner. Did enlisted forestry buckles even exist? I thought forestry buckles were of the officer's brocade type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fantasy or Real?? Forestry enlisted buckle or what??  

Thank you Weller for the confirmation..

I can't wait to get my buckle book for Christmas..

Smitty

Common and known fake guys, look at the box, catch, prongs and design from a forestry buckle
    Ben

Thank you everyone.. I can relay this information to the other forum member..

Smitty

Hello,

a total fake and also a fantasy design .

The eagle is a little similar to mining buckles
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast