Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Forum Traffic

Article about: Just an observation, we currently get around 40-50 guys viewing the buckle forum yet only a handful of regular guys that post, if you look at the forum contribute to it and post your buckles

Default Forum Traffic

Just an observation, we currently get around 40-50 guys viewing the buckle forum yet only a handful of regular guys that post, if you look at the forum contribute to it and post your buckles and so all can learn, dont just look at the forum, help and assist it. If your English is not so good so what, use a translator but at least join in. Just my observation!!!
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forum Traffic
    P
    Many

Its the same Ben over on the US Helmet section,only about 4 threads started in a week,not sure what the problem is,maybe nobodies buying at the moment,hopefully this dry period won't last.

Cheers Jake, I just dont understand when there is lots of people observing the forum, they must collect what sub forum they are looking at then why not contribute towards it and give input
    Ben

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Its the same Ben over on the US Helmet section,only about 4 threads started in a week,not sure what the problem is,maybe nobodies buying at the moment,hopefully this dry period won't last.
    Pretty much the same with the british helmet section at the moment, Im still trying to add more MKII's to my collection but im always to late

?

Hi Ben I have noticed this same phenoma as well in the Commonwealth helmet section of the forum lots of lookers and no comments.

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 03-02-2015 at 08:40 PM.

?

Ben - unfortunately it's epidemic as it's the same on all forums. I have seen over the years a huge shift in collecting/collectors where previously you actually learned something from the stimulating conversations that used to take place 10 years ago as opposed to todays new collectors (not all) who grab to turn a nickel. I am not so sure where this hobby is headed but many of us older collectors do not participate as much due to the lack of conversation on these/all forums.

Many collectors are also getting to the age and point in their collecting lives where they are selling off their collections. The world's best collection is being sold as I right this post - fortunately to another collector. I have spent the last 3-4 years only validating original vs reproductions but no one really wants to understand the history of why. The days where you and I, Ric, David, Bill X, Guido, Chad, Wickie, JP and others would take a buckle apart to learn is, I am afraid, a thing of the past.

To true Dan, to true mate, it does seem that the $ has taken over most of the posts on the forums nowadays, it used to be fun on the WAF when we tried to find out makers that no one had ever heard of and all come together. There is still a few hard core collectors around, and new one to boot. Lets hope the future of the hobby continues!
    Ben

BTW Dan I need your email address again, my old laptop died and all my contacts sank with it!!!!

Cheers
    Ben

Hey Ben, watch the email address!
    Too many out there skimming info.h.....

Dan
    BTW I look at nearly all the forums. Lots of stuff interests me but I comment mainly on equipment and hemets.
    These I know a little about, if I commented on something I was not skilled in ( like a buckle for instance ) it may be a naff thing like " nice buckle" but I enjoy seeing you guys enjoying what you specialize in.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

CBH
    ?

This is a wonderful forum , with knowlegdable members who share information freely .
    I know my posts ebb and flow , it's March and it's been snowing here for 2 1/2 months .
    I take most of my uniform and gear photos outside , so that makes it difficult .
    But don't lose heart , and keep up the great work .
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast