Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Garage sale Find. Kriegsmarine Buckle??

Article about: Erno, Thanks for your help. I checked that name and found a similar marking displayed upon a German buckle!

?

Erno,

Thanks for your help. I checked that name and found a similar marking displayed upon a German buckle!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garage sale Find. Kriegsmarine Buckle??
    P
    Many

I was commenting on the buckle, not the badge. The maker's mark on that does somewhat resemble the one used by Matthias Salcher & Sohne,

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garage sale Find. Kriegsmarine Buckle??  

?

Hi Gator, I do apologize as it seems these pieces are German issue. I would have bet a larger amount of money that they were not. They certainly do not look like any typical TR period German pieces. Cheers, Sean.

Hello mate, sorry but I have never seen a German/TR buckle like that to be honest, I have not got a clue what it is. The marking look a little like Salcher markings nut the ones on the fake buckles not originals. Only my opinion as I have never seen one like this before
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 06-22-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Ben

?

The badge is Czechoslovakian. Excellent rifleman?
    Pete

This is all I could find for this badge,

Tom

Okay, Pete beat me to the draw.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garage sale Find. Kriegsmarine Buckle??  

Hi, With reference to the naval styled belt buckle. This style is usually refered to as a "locket union" and I have a few variations of your buckle both Military and none military and with and without crowns. I can not be 100% certain but I would suggest that it is a British manufactured item and for wear by uniformed cadets at one of the Marine/Nautical colleges or schools. As these are not Military organisations, they are not permitted to wear the Monarch's Crown much the same as ROTC Eagles do not wear the US Seal. This is only an opinion but I hope that it helps you.
    Regards Michael Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2