MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have I been ripped off?

Article about: Here is most of my collection that I have collected, I have a horrible feeling that I have been ripped off.... Can anyone tell me if this is real or fake?

Default Have I been ripped off?

Here is most of my collection that I have collected, I have a horrible feeling that I have been ripped off.... Can anyone tell me if this is real or fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have I been ripped off?   Have I been ripped off?  

Have I been ripped off?   Have I been ripped off?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have I been ripped off?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Have I been ripped off?

All your SS related items are fakes and Fourth Reich as is the Bar to the EK !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

EDIT: I saw a couple of fakes but that is moot as Paul beat me to it with a qualified opinion.

In short: Yes.

I think the only thing that is original is the belt and/or the Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

i thought as much! what a waste of time and money gutted!!!! i need educating!!!

RAF sweetheart wings are OK, as it the London Scottish cap badge.

The Edelweiss looks OK.

Paper banknote has a fake stamp on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The buckle and belt look OK, as does the Cross of Honour for combatants (pic 12/13) Edelweiss badge and British London Scottish are fine.
    RAF sweetheart brooch is also good.
    The Mother's cross is bad, just search for one on the forum for comparison and you'll see why. The SS "Tuxedo" badge is also a bad one, Polish fake.
    The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen looks like it could stand a chance, but not 100% sure. The Waffen SS disc is also a fake, I think.
    Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news, but I suspect that you had an idea that this may be the outcome.
    I think your stamp is also a bad'un. I cannot speak to the authenticity of the WW1 EK1 and spange, I'll leave those to guys with the knowledge of these items.
    Even though it seems that you have amassed more fakes/reproductions than genuine items do not despair, all is not lost. Take this as a learning curve. I did exactly the same when I started collecting and then I found this forum. In future ask questions here before buying anything and most importantly, search through the forum and view photos of the real thing to see what it is that differentiates the good from the bad.
    Above all, keep collecting. This can be a very rewarding hobby, but you have to arm yourself with knowledge. I am sorry for being long winded, but that's just my opinion.
    I look forward to seeing your future collection grow with some nice authentic pieces.

Tom

Hell guys, that was quick. Obviously waffling too much....

Quote by Panzer trooper View Post
    i thought as much! what a waste of time and money gutted!!!! i need educating!!!
    Did you buy this tat from any one dealer, or from several or another collector? I'd definately try to get my money back, or take it out of their hide otherwise!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

We have several threads on some of these items , the SS Tuxedo badge , the Horrible SS Stamp and disc , if you use the search facilty your education and money saving can begin !!

The SS items are all fakes from Poland
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

thanks for the advice guys im a little gutted but i should have known better!!! i brought the belt along with a helmet from a veteran who said he took the helmet and belt from the soldier when he was taken p.o.w,,as for the other bits ive brought them from the odd dealer here and there (well now i know they just saw me coming!!) the big swastika was from france aparently taken off a bunker in the late 90s in the utah sector....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast