Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hello I am wondering about this one?

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking I picked up a pistol rig last week. I am wondering about the belt and buckle I have never seen a buckle like one! Hopefully it's all correct! Thanks for any informat

?

Default Hello I am wondering about this one?

Hello
    Thanks for looking I picked up a pistol rig last week. I am wondering about the belt and buckle I have never seen a buckle like one! Hopefully it's all correct!

Thanks for any information
    Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello I am wondering about this one?   Hello I am wondering about this one?  

Hello I am wondering about this one?   Hello I am wondering about this one?  

Hello I am wondering about this one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello I am wondering about this one?
    P
    Many

I believe these are known as 'Gau Essen' belt buckles. Don't know much about them beyond that, but there are a few original examples posted here on the forum.
    This one is an original piece. Should make direct comparison easier.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello I am wondering about this one?   Hello I am wondering about this one?  

Hello Curt honestly I ve never studied these before but I half to say I like the detail and think you have a nice scarce buckle on your hands. I would wait for others opinions but imo it compares well to the book example. Reference from Angolia s buckles and Brocades book. Best regards.

Brian

Hello I am wondering about this one?Hello I am wondering about this one?

?

Thank you so much for the information I had no clue on this one

I apologise Curt. I may of been a little quick with my assessment. Looking at Ben's rouge's gallery I came across a buckle identical to yours even with same damage to the head area. I would also note the other original examples have slanted feet on the catch whereas on your example they are straight, lastly the detail on the reverse is concerning especially the eagles legs area. Sorry for the change in opinion but I d rather you know for sure. Kindest regards.

Brian

From this thread post #5

Fake SS Enlisted Men Database

Also it gives me concern about the belts authenticity now, but I will defer to others opinions on it's originality.

This is a common steel fake of a Gau Essen buckle, sorry
    Ben

?

Totally agree with Ben. Gau Essen buckles were manufactured from nickel only; no steel.

Hello,

the shown buckle is a well known steel fake !

Originals are only made by Assmann in nickelsilver .

Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello Curt honestly I ve never studied these before but I half to say I like the detail and think you have a nice scarce buckle on your hands. I would wait for others opinions but imo it compares well to the book example. Reference from Angolia s buckles and Brocades book. Best regards.

Brian

Hello,

stamped steel ; it's a autors error !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175