Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How Do you spot obvious fake belt buckles {i know done to death }

Article about: Sorry for the post i'am new at this game ....id like to buy a belt buckle with the death head but i'am very warry of fakes . I deal in old motorcycles and parts and see a lot of fake parts t

Default How Do you spot obvious fake belt buckles {i know done to death }

Sorry for the post i'am new at this game ....id like to buy a belt buckle with the death head but i'am very warry of fakes . I deal in old motorcycles and parts and see a lot of fake parts that people buy at very high prices . trying to avoid this if possible . I know from this forum that there is a lot of junk . from the 60's and 70's ... what to spot ? i know from the very wise people here that the ss in the diamond is fake ...other things are the clasp ? ...thanks i know this topic is done to death and i have studied the other fakes but iam unsure , there is a thing about the 62mm long clasp ?......anyway thanks Dean .......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Do you spot obvious fake belt buckles {i know done to death }
    P
    Many

Default Re: How Do you spot obvious fake belt buckles {i know done to death }

Dean, if you mean a buckle with a deaths head on it there are no original ones, they never did them, if you have a look at this thread it will give you an insight into the buckle world, any probs ask whatever you want or send me a pm BTW welcome to the forum

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...nd-fakes-5102/
    Ben

Is there a buckle with the deaths head on it? What type of buckle is that?

Ah, Ben says there isn't, whilst I was typing. I have just done a Google search and you get a load of 'fantasy' peices.

?

The only original buckle with a death head is a Wehrwolf or WWI Brunswick Battalion buckle. These are rare expensive buckles. Ebay is loaded with skull buckles that have a SS type death head or copy Wehrwolf buckle. If you want one of these for $10-15 to wear it's kind of a cool looking biker item. They have no collector value.

Thank you . I was wonering that . i have a original buckle that came from my grandpa i'll try to take a pic of it . it is at my brothers house . thank you for the insight very happy i found this forum . Thanks Ben and to all who replied !. ..Dean ..

No probs Dean, looking forward to seeing pics of your garndpas buckle
    Ben

Dean, out of interest I presume you mean a buckle like this? (this one being fake)
    Attached Images Attached Images How Do you spot obvious fake belt buckles {i know done to death }  How Do you spot obvious fake belt buckles {i know done to death } 
    Ben