Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just a few buckles for review

Article about: The KM EM buckle is a fake. In hand it is lighter than a normal 4 tab buckle. I had one in my junk box and sold it as a repo a few years ago.

Default Just a few buckles for review

Hi guys,

I went back to a local antique shop today and found these buckles. I don't know much about buckles, but I can't say that I am keen on any of them. He wants $100 for each buckle, except the small officer's (?) one, which he wants $125 for. I think he wants $85 for the RAD buckle.

I was hoping to just learn about these if anything.

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just a few buckles for review   Just a few buckles for review  

Just a few buckles for review   Just a few buckles for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just a few buckles for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just a few buckles for review

The RAD buckle is a good one. L.Gottlieb & Sohne, Oberstein, dated 1939.
    Tom

I cannot speak for the two KM Buckles. What colour is the first buckle? On the photos it looks like it's electroplated.
    Tom

It's gold, sorry the pictures came out in a funny order. A wide shot of the front of that one is at the very bottom left corner.

Mo, the RAD is fine, the navy officer buckles I am not sure of, I have never collected officer buckles, they look ok but get better advice from some one who is 100%. The gold Heer, I have never seen that type of eagle before but going by the prongs from the rear I would leave that one alone if I was you
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Mo, the RAD is fine, the navy officer buckles I am not sure of, I have never collected officer buckles, they look ok but get better advice from some one who is 100%. The gold Heer, I have never seen that type of eagle before but going by the prongs from the rear I would leave that one alone if I was you
    My thoughts exactly. Went to the buckle section to double check and I also have never seen this eagle before.
    Tom

The small Navy gold buckle is for wear on the officer's dagger belt (überschnallkoppel); this small buckle is not that easy to find. The aluminum Navy Adminstration Officer's buckle looks to me to be an original; some are maker-marked, some are not. What is that spot in the center of the back; is it a maker mark or not ?

Other than the "gold" Army - I think the other buckles are fine. $100 for the silver adminstrative navy buckle is about right. I think the smaller ones go for less...more like $85. $85 is not bad for the rad buckle. Good luck.

Rob

The Administration Officer's buckle is not maker marked unfortunately. I can say, though, that the "gold" Heer and the Administration officer's buckles are very light, whereas the officer's dagger belt buckle is very heavy.

The "gold Army buckle" is a Navy Enlisted Man's buckle. It was available with a smooth field & also with a pebbled field ( same as with Army EM buckles ). Whether it's original or not I don't know as I'd rather have it in hand to be sure. I'd like to see a very good close up of the prong ends. If it looks like the creator clipped off the ends using daddy's tin-snips, that's not a great sign. The small Navy dagger belt buckle is often found as gold-plated on heavy metal. The Navy EM buckle if made in aluminum & the Navy Admin Offzr aluminum buckle are of course invariably light-weight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast