Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Koppelschlosspistole

Article about: by talltom lol some very good info i thank you ned would this not make this item a bit illegal?? no idea where TD is from but i think very few states allow conceal and carry and england sure

TANGO DELTA
    ?

Default Koppelschlosspistole

GENTLEMEN,
    I AM A VN RELIC COLLECTOR WHO IS IN A BIT OVER MY HEAD. i KNOW THAT MOST ITEMS HAVE SOME WILD STORY BEHIND THEM SO I WILL NOT BORE YOU WITH THE DETAILS AT THIS POINT. SUFFICE TO SAY THAT THIS BELONGS TO AN 88YR. OLD MAN WHO RECEIVED IT FROM A FORMER GERMAN POW BACK IN THE LATE 40'S. THIS MAN REPUTATION IS WITHOUT QUESTION,HE IS NEITHER DEALER NOR COLLECTOR OF MILITARIA. IT IS SIMPLY A WEIRD PERSONAL POSSESSION. HE IS CURRENTLY HAVING MONEY TROUBLE AND HAS BROUGHT THIS TO ME TO SELL FOR HIM. BUT BEFORE I REALLY GET INTO IT I'D LIKE TO GET SOME OPINIONS AS TO THE AUTHENTICITY. I REALIZE THAT PICTURES USUALLY DON'T TELL THE WHOLE STORE BUT PERHAPS IT WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT I'M LOOKING AT. I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH AND HAVE A FAIRLY GOOD IDEA AS TO IT'S RARITY AND VALUE. I AM ALSO AWARE THAT THESE HAVE BEEN FAKED IN THE PAST. I MAKE NO CLAIM AS TO THE AUTHENTICITY BUT I DO KNOW THAT THE OLD MAN GOT FROM EXACTLY WHERE HE SAYS HE GOT IT,IN THE TIME FRAME HE SAYS HE GOT IT, AND THAT IT IS VERY VERY WELL MADE AND HAS UNBELIEVABLE ENGINEERING BEHIND IT.
    IS THERE ANYONE ON THIS FORUM WHAT WOULD PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE PHOTOS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. I HAVE HAD ONE OPINION FROM A COLLECTOR WHO IS QUITE KNOWLEDGIBLE WHO SAYS HE BELIEVES THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC PIECE AND IS A PROTOTYPE BASED ON THE LACK OF ANY THE OF MARKING WHAT SO EVER. IT CAME ATTACHED TO A GERMAN MILITARY BELT THAT IS 100% AUTHENTIC, NOT THAT THAT MEANS ALL THAT MUCH.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
    MANY THANKS
    TD
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Koppelschlosspistole   Koppelschlosspistole  

Koppelschlosspistole   Koppelschlosspistole  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Koppelschlosspistole

Dear TD

I can assure you that this is a post 1945 fantasy item.

Regards,

David

Hello,

a questionable post-war toy
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

and what in hells name is it supposed to do?? blow up or something i know nothing about buckles but i can tell you that was not made by any german the eagle isn't centred at all and i would like to know what sites you visited to get your info?

You open the buckle up and a barrel comes out and hopefully by that time some soldier with an MP/40 hasn't blown you to pieces!!It is a protection small arms pistol but i will take the Schmisser every time.Carl

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    You open the buckle up and a barrel comes out and hopefully by that time some soldier with an MP/40 hasn't blown you to pieces!!It is a protection small arms pistol but i will take the Schmisser every time.Carl
    thanks for the info carl bit looney imo

Now now Tom, take a chill pill.

The belt buckle pistol was designed by Louis Marquis shortly after WWI, he later patented the design and was asked by Heinrich Himmler to produce some prototypes. It is thought that around 12 were produced in .22 calibre, and of the few surviving originals, ALL are stamped with single number production marks. An original example sold several years back for $15,000.

Due to the extreme rarity of this type of firearm, it was heavily copied or 'cloned' in the 1950's and 60's in German machine shops in other calibres and with various buckle types including SS, Luftwaffe and Heer (Guns mit uns??). The lack of any markings on the above example unfortunately condemn this as one of these besides the poor buckle finish. All the same, it is still an interesting piece to own, though not worth a great deal.

BTW Tom, the buckle gun was designed to hit wherever the wearer pointed his body, the cartridges could be fired singularly or all at once, and whilst wearing handcuffs!.
    At a range of 6 feet or less, "how the hell" would you feel as four .22 bullets similtaneously blasted into your guts? Not too good's my betting....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

TD, whether or not they made these who knows, the example shown is a made up piece whether copy of an original or not, just look at the front of the buckle, the eagle is found on copies of fantasy SS buckles.
    Ben

See here for some more information and images on these thingies:
    Axis History Forum • View topic - SS or WM Secret Belt Buckle Gun

Quote by big ned View Post
    (Guns mit uns??).
    lol some very good info i thank you ned would this not make this item a bit illegal?? no idea where TD is from but i think very few states allow conceal and carry and england sure as hell don't...

hpl makes for very interesting reading it really is a weird and wacky weapon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast