Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria show pickup....

Article about: Hey guys....I was able to acquire a couple new buckles yesterday at the Ottawa Militaria show...Here's the first one. I was a little "iffy" about this SA/NSKK given the constructio

Default Militaria show pickup....

Hey guys....I was able to acquire a couple new buckles yesterday at the Ottawa Militaria show...Here's the first one.

I was a little "iffy" about this SA/NSKK given the construction.....I've not seen horizontal solder points on the back before....but looking at the buckle closely - the wear, the quality, the detail, the manufacture (brass with nickel plate)....I'm thinking this must be some type of variant? Any ideas? Your info is always much appreciated.

Here are some pics....including one with its brethren! LOL!

Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militaria show pickup....   Militaria show pickup....  

Militaria show pickup....   Militaria show pickup....  

Militaria show pickup....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Militaria show pickup....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Militaria show pickup....

Hi Rob, very unusual buckle and one I have not come across with that construction. I do like the buckle though and like you believe it a variation of construction, it will be interesting to hear what David or Markus think!
    Ben

Hello,

nice find ! I have no problem with it , just a variation .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Thanks gentlemen....good to hear...I love adding variation buckles!
    Cheers!
    Rob

A very interesting buckle, Rob...and from your Canadian chum I know I will disclose that I previously and for a short time held this very same buckle in my collection. I had somewhat mixed feelings about it...namely because of what had been suggested to me that this perhaps is a later style of chromed roundel on an a somewhat earlier box. In retrospect, I have no qualms that it's a totally period piece...just when during the period it was put together is maybe another question. Perhaps also of the "cottage industry" given then unusual horizontal orientation of the solder points. The solder points are also interesting as they are underlying the very extreme ends of the roundel.

Anyways, a quirky but original piece IMHO. Nice to see it found an appreciating new home

Best,
    Adam

Hey Adam! Cool...small world,eh? Yes, John is a good friend of mine and we meet up two or three times a year....we live in seperaterovinces....but he comes down here often.

Thanks for that info on the buckle. It's certainly an interesting piece and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it with me.
    Cheers!
    Rob