Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

Article about: hi there, not shure if this is the best place for this thread ,but was the nearest i could find,, can anyone id this buckle with two swastikas dated 1949 and fitted with faux snakeskin belt

?

Question mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

hi there, not shure if this is the best place for this thread ,but was the nearest i could find,,
    can anyone id this buckle with two swastikas dated 1949 and fitted with faux snakeskin belt remains,??
    cant find a pic like it anywhere on the net,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??
    P
    Many

?

Not sure what it is but it has nothing to do with the Third Reich.

?

Default Re: mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

The swastika is an ancient symbol, often associated with good luck. This could be one of those pieces. But seeing as it appears to be dated 1949 that would be weird, considering what the swastika represented in the years prior. Possibly a piece for the Nazi/fascist movement in the U.S. post war?

Default Re: mystery buckle with 2 swastikas dated and faux skin, can anyone id it ??

Perhaps an Asian/Buddhist Swastika...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by dramos View Post
    The swastika is an ancient symbol, often associated with good luck. This could be one of those pieces. But seeing as it appears to be dated 1949 that would be weird, considering what the swastika represented in the years prior. Possibly a piece for the Nazi/fascist movement in the U.S. post war?
    1949 would be too close to the end of the war for such an item to be worn in the USA. I am sure anyone wearing such a thing would have been handed his head in a basket by anyone of numerous vets. My guess is it is Asian and has nothing to do with Nazism.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    1949 would be too close to the end of the war for such an item to be worn in the USA. I am sure anyone wearing such a thing would have been handed his head in a basket by anyone of numerous vets. My guess is it is Asian and has nothing to do with Nazism.
    True. Seems from what Ive looked up that the American Nazi party did not rise up until the later 50's early 60's. Not much further down the road, but I guess far enough.

Suitcase or trunk strap buckles?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Never seen one of these in any official TR publications or ever known it to be anything sanctioned by the RZM, dont know what it is to be honest
    Ben

I don't think it's marked 1949, looks like there's a 7 in front and a 2 at the end to me.

Tom

?

thanks for all the help so far chaps, i was wondering about the faux snakeskin ,and when it was used,
    when did start to be used on presentation boxs and other items

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast