Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Souvenir/trophy belt

Article about: These are commonly known as: "Hate Belts" Very nice piece!

Default New Souvenir/trophy belt

I usually see these types of souvenir/hate belts on ww1 configuration rigs....but was very much pleased to find this. It comes from John Burchell....a well known TR collector from Nova Scotia. The fact that it comes from the maritimes and is full of KM trade badges makes me wonder if this may well have been returned by a Canadian soldier at war's end.
    I have NO idea what the trade badges are for...but they are obviously KM related. There is also an EKII ribbon as well as some Edelweiss that might not be KM related. Same goes for the shoulder boards...Are they not Heer? BUT - they have a KM anchor on them.

In any case....I have NO knowledge whatsover when it comes to trade badges and shoulder boards....That said...I have no doubt this belt and buckle set is authentic. The badges have been on there a long time....you can see the verdigris on some of the pics.

Anyways....very happy to have added this to the collection....it's been a while since I added something to my collection.
    Here are some pics I took to share with you guys!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Souvenir/trophy belt   New Souvenir/trophy belt  

New Souvenir/trophy belt   New Souvenir/trophy belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Souvenir/trophy belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Souvenir/trophy belt

what I call a soldiers sovenier belt great belt to have.

Thank you Harry! Glad you like it. I love these souvenir belts....they are all pretty much one of a kind! I've also posted some pics in the KM uniform section of the forum. I would love to find out what the trade badges are for. Some have cannon, one a wheel, one lighting bolts (signals?), one what looks like a medical symbol.
    I know nothing about these trade badges...but I really love the belt.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Congrats Rob!
    A very nice addition to your buckle and belt collection.
    As they are done by individual soldiers and follow no regulations, they are truly one of a kind items.
    Congrats again, I really like this one,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cannon - Ordnance NCO, Wheel - Engine NCO, medical looking one for Administrative NCO, Lightning bolts is for teletypist (signals), the one on the shoulder board is for coastal artillery NCO. The shoulder board could be for a Kapitanleutnant zur See (Heer - Hauptmann).

An excellent find of a lot of different insignia, with the belt and buckle. Good one!

Superb
    Its fantastic souvenir bet to have.
    Cool find
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Check out this site.....The Collector's Guild
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!! Glad you all like it!
    Roger: Many thanks for helping me out with what the insignia represent. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to these.
    Many thanks for your help!
    Ralph! Yes....these are all quite unique pieces.....quite happy to have this added to my collection.

Cheers!

Rob

CBH
    ?

A beautiful belt indeed , I also like the two Oak leaf Jager badges . The only problem is how do you display it , it would be a sin to break it up .
    Cheers Chris

Hi Chris! Glad you like it buddy! No way would I ever take this belt apart....it's 'uniqueness' is what makes it so special. Given that it's mostly 'festooned' with KM badges, I have it displayed with my helmets. It's at the base of a double decal M35 attributed to a coastal Artillery soldat. I thought it would fit nicely with a KM lid.

Here's a pic of how I display it.
    Cheers!

Rob

ps....guess the display needs some dusting! LOL....just noticed thanks to the flash! hahaha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Souvenir/trophy belt  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast