Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Now, an oddity

Article about: Hello Gents, this is a real odd buckle. It appears to be an US brass buckle (marked solid brass) on which someone attached an Heer plate. What it is also strange is that I have always found

?

Default Now, an oddity

Hello Gents,

this is a real odd buckle. It appears to be an US brass buckle (marked solid brass) on which someone attached an Heer plate.
    What it is also strange is that I have always found these discs made of alloy not steel like this one. It was dug together with other german stuff and was not molested. Have you ever seen something like that?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Now, an oddity   Now, an oddity  

Now, an oddity  
    Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Now, an oddity
    P
    Many

Default Re: Now, an oddity

Matt looks like some GI attached a roundel to his buckle, where was it found? Strange find!
    Ben

?

Hi Ben, in a dump in Germany. But there wasn't US stuff, only german. I wish to have a time machine to see who did and wore this
    Regards

Matt

Interesting buckle. .... I wonder if it was a GI souvenir that just happened to get tossed in there. Certainly not a German issued piece. Interesting find....if only we could get our collectibles to talk!

Rob

I'm no expert but could it be the other way around-German soldier's souvenir of the Ardennes or similar made into trench art by adding the German piece?