MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's Leather Belt

Article about: Hi guys, i haven't got any belt like this in my collection, so i know nothing about them. This one looks ok to me but i need your confirmation. Are the stamps and everything legit? Thanks in

Default Officer's Leather Belt

Hi guys, i haven't got any belt like this in my collection, so i know nothing about them. This one looks ok to me but i need your confirmation. Are the stamps and everything legit?
    Thanks in advance
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Leather Belt   Officer's Leather Belt  

Officer's Leather Belt   Officer's Leather Belt  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer's Leather Belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officer's Leather Belt

Dear Chris

An excellent example of a 1938 "political" and RZM approved strap, complete of course with a double claw, open gate "soft corner" buckle. The strap I think was manufactured by Franz Wimmer of Mattighofen (Austria). The Kernstück stamp on the strap by the way is a sign of the high quality leather. Without being patronising, have you closely examined all parts of the buckle to see if there is makers mark lurking somewhere?

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Chris

An excellent example of a 1938 "political" and RZM approved strap, complete of course with a double claw, open gate "soft corner" buckle. The strap I think was manufactured by Franz Wimmer of Mattighofen (Austria). The Kernstück stamp on the strap by the way is a sign of the high quality leather. Without being patronising, have you closely examined all parts of the buckle to see if there is makers mark lurking somewhere?

Regards,

David
    Hi David and thanks for your fast yet prompt reply.
    Actually i haven't got it yet. I wanted to know if it's 100% ok first and then i would purchase it.
    You said it's a political belt. So this wouldn't make a correct match with a field uniform? Or officer's of Heer were using these belts as well?

Chris

This set in my opinion is original and as I mentioned, an excellent example. It is however political by origin and which I like. There are many top grade Wehrmacht related experts on this forum and I am confident that they will chime in. I have no doubt that these RZM straps were adopted by the Wehrmacht during the war years, although IN THEORY, this was not intended to be a Wehrmacht item. From a purist point of view, you should be looking for a sharp corner rectangular buckle with a wider and non RZM marked strap.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Chris

This set in my opinion is original and as I mentioned, an excellent example. It is however political by origin and which I like. There are many top grade Wehrmacht related experts on this forum and I am confident that they will chime in. I have no doubt that these RZM straps were adopted by the Wehrmacht during the war years, although IN THEORY, this was not intended to be a Wehrmacht item. From a purist point of view, you should be looking for a sharp corner rectangular buckle with a wider and non RZM marked strap.

Regards,

David
    Aha, thanks for the info David.
    Much appreciated