Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?

Article about: Hi guys, I bought this awhile back, does it look ok, or are the RZM stamps fake? Thanks, Eddie

?

Default Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?

Hi guys,
    I bought this awhile back, does it look ok, or are the RZM stamps fake?

Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?
    P
    Many

Default re: Open frame RZM marked belt buckle?

I like it, nice early buckle
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben! I've heard that Teno members would have worn a black RZM marked belt, could you hazard a guess at who might have worn this belt?
    (I almost posted this in the belt forum, glad that you saw it)

I am not really sure to be quite honest, some thing that I do not study, they might have done along with political organisations
    Ben

Nice buckle.
    Double RZM marked for Overhoff & Cie.

?

I found this interesting tidbit on collectors guild: "The open claw belt buckle was authorized for wear by almost all political and military organizations during the Third Reich, with a variety of different institution dates. Belts for Political Leaders were initially produced of chocolate brown leather, until 1939 when the Havana brown coloration was chosen as its replacement. Similar, blackened belts were worn by a variety of political organizations, such as the NSKK and NSFK, with the color of the buckle being some indication of rank, gold rating higher than silver." Though, I also have read that "rounded" open claw buckles were typically SA, while "squared" buckles were more generally for political leaders.

(Link:The Collector's Guild)

Many thanks, interesting link
    Ben

?

Sorry it took a while to reply but I was off in Europe the last 4 weeks - nice buckle the RZM # 24 was related to "Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid" -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Hi, thanks Horst! I'm assuming this is a NSKK, or NSFK, or RAD belt, would that be correct?

Dear Eddie

The "Dornkoppel" that you have shown and which is marked on the frame RZM 24/UE 71, was indeed manufactured by Overhoff und Cie. It is difficult to pin down who actually wore the item, although by the physical features of the open gate frame, coupled with the RZM stamping, I would suggest Political rather than Civil or Wehrmacht. TeNo I think leaned toward a non pebbled frame and for yours, the obvious candidate would be NSKK.

I assume that there is no stamping anywhere on the leather strap, other perhaps than the size declaration.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast