Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

OT

Article about: Hello, here my OT buckle :

Default Re: OT

Dear Bill

You have far more experience with OT buckles than myself and I have never before heard the comments about the positioning of the stamping being an indicator toward the buckle as fake or original. Perhaps my comments are going to muddy the water more and if so, I apologise in advance.

With the limited number of original OT buckles that I have handled, I have seen those with (1) different shades of grey/silver paint, (2) differing styles of catch and (3) with marks and without marks. Sorry, however I have no reference to the positioning of the marks.

I used to think that I could identify a fake without even handling the buckle. Perhaps no longer so?

Attached is a photo merge of an original roundel against a fake roundel.

Different collectors have their own favourite way of recognising one from the other, although for myself, the claws and the swastika. The fake has two spikes for claws against the original which has clearly defined claws. The fake has a swastika which floats in the roundel against the original which has a swastika which fills the roundel.

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	236306  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Bill

You have far more experience with OT buckles than myself and I have never before heard the comments about the positioning of the stamping being an indicator toward the buckle as fake or original. Perhaps my comments are going to muddy the water more and if so, I apologise in advance.

With the limited number of original OT buckles that I have handled, I have seen those with (1) different shades of grey/silver paint, (2) differing styles of catch and (3) with marks and without marks. Sorry, however I have no reference to the positioning of the marks.

I used to think that I could identify a fake without even handling the buckle. Perhaps no longer so?

Attached is a photo merge of an original roundel against a fake roundel.

Different collectors have their own favourite way of recognising one from the other, although for myself, the claws and the swastika. The fake has two spikes for claws against the original which has clearly defined claws. The fake has a swastika which floats in the roundel against the original which has a swastika which fills the roundel.

Regards,

David

Hello David ,

i can agree with your opinion and i also know this criterion to copys, you show on the pictures .

The second OT i show ( Reply 9) is over 25 years in my collektion .

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  86.3 KB
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I must admit chaps, I am like David, the fake example he has so kindly posted is what I refer to when looking for fake OT buckles, I have never heard of the positioning of the makers mark as a red flag, unless there is other types of fakes out there JMHO
    Ben

Another photo merge of two different OT buckles from what I have previously shown. Fake v Original - in my opinion.

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	236324  

Quote by David North View Post
    Another photo merge of two different OT buckles from what I have previously shown. Fake v Original - in my opinion.

Regards,

David
    Dear David ,

thank you for your interest entry.

Yes that's clear the strong distictions on a copy i know .

Here a picture from copy backside :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2969.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	236334

In my eyes my two OT however discribed original !

Or your opinion another ?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Markus, David, Ben,

I am not sure how to put this but I first need to apologize for a few things I stated in my responses. First based on what I ahve seen from everyone the buckles shown are certainly goodbut I want to explain my rational for my comments. Years ago -1992 0r so I (we) saw the first appearance of these fake buckles.I do not remember seeing any with the down swept wingsa as David has shown but the ones we were seeing here in the Us were near perfect copies with the exception of the logo placement. I know later that the talons were cited as another clue on the fakes. In any event at that time we were only zeroing in on the logo as every collector friend that I knew that had OT's in there collection -which numbered about 5- all had OT's with the partial overlap. We knew these were good and since none of us at the time had ever seen a good OT with a logo intact we used that as a guideline. So that was where I was coming from and obviously I was incorrect and I apologize for that. Just another note -in Nash's book he shows a two piece OT wth four tabs holding on the faceplate and that is a new one to me but a buckle that for all intents appears to be a good one? but with no logo that can be seen.

Mea culpa,

Bill

Hey Bill many thank for the insight, I for one will now spend some time looking into OT buckles, so it has given me another task to do within the buckle circle (along with the never ending jobs in the garden and with the bees) again no matter who you are there is always something to learn in this hobby

Per Ardua

Ben
    Ben

Quote by Buckle1 View Post

Mea culpa,

Bill
    And it most certainly was not
    Ben

Hi Bill
    the buckle-backside in Nash´s book belongs to the "Norwegian Labor Front"-buckle!
    Gruß Max

Thanks for the heads-up on my mistake. It was pointed out to me earlier by David.

Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast