Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photographing buckles...

Article about: Hi guys, I just thought I'd post a pic of my temporary buckle photographing rig. I'm about to build a small mini rig for buckle photography. I'm a Professional Photographer so really should

Default Photographing buckles...

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd post a pic of my temporary buckle photographing rig. I'm about to build a small mini rig for buckle photography. I'm a Professional Photographer so really should have sorted this before now.

I use a still life shooting table for larger objects, but will either pick up or make a small plexiglass shooting cube. Anyone using one?

Feel free to add your shooting setup or discuss best methods for buckle photography?

If anyones interested, using Nikon D3, 60mm Micro-Nikkor, SB-900 flashes with Pocket Wizards. Once I build my new rig will update post, shudder at some of myolder pics, just laziness. No excuse...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographing buckles...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographing buckles...
    P
    Many

Bloody hell Lenny, I use a cheapo camera on macro, go outside in natural light when there is no sun so no shadows and that it lol Nowt fancy like that mate
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Bloody hell Lenny, I use a cheapo camera on macro, go outside in natural light when there is no sun so no shadows and that it lol Nowt fancy like that mate
    hahahahaha.. I can't be ersed to go outside. Sun with no shadows? I'm in Scotland, it rains all the time...

PMSL, too true mate too true funny actually, we are off to Crieff in September, me and the wife like it there, my son is over from the USA so he wants to go to Scotland (he's never been) So I will drive him up the A82 through Glen Coe to Fort William, he wikll like that
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    PMSL, too true mate too true funny actually, we are off to Crieff in September, me and the wife like it there, my son is over from the USA so he wants to go to Scotland (he's never been) So I will drive him up the A82 through Glen Coe to Fort William, he wikll like that
    Nice one, as long as you get the weather. Glencoe is one of my favourite places ever... If you have time to kill in central belt near Glasgow will buy you a beer or two...

I did my winter mountain course at Ballachulish, we walked up the three sisters everyday building snow holes, ice climbing etc, builds up a real thirst that you know, and a haggis supper just to round it off
    Ben

That looks wayyyyyyy more technical then my camera phone lol