Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about a Late War belt?

Article about: Just got this late war style belt in the mail (was sold as Luftwaffe I think), and I'm noticing some strange differences between this one and my other bona fide vet bringback late war belt.

Default Questions about a Late War belt?

Just got this late war style belt in the mail (was sold as Luftwaffe I think), and I'm noticing some strange differences between this one and my other bona fide vet bringback late war belt. Disregard the buckles slipped over the belts, they were just slipped on to keep the belts from rolling back up while taking pics.

The belt I just received is on the right in most of the pictures, the sewing at the catch is cleaner, longer and with squarer corners that the other.

The first few pics are of the wear pattern inside the belt, which is fairly consistent with others I've seen, except maybe the silver leftover aluminum patches on the belts, probably from some type of alloy hook?

It does NOT have the same amount of adjusting holes as my my other belt has 7 adjusting holes, this belt has 5, which is why someone added a couple rough looking holes, although I've seen worse. All the same, the 5 holes don't look right. What is the accepted number?

Also, it looks like it was worn with a tab (earlier buckle or added on tab?), as you can see the imprint of the tab moving back a hole at a time, as in when the wearer is losing weight...

Why does a late war belt have some off script and partial date on it (Looks like Thür 19 possibly 4 last number invisible ), instead of an RBNr number, like my other belt?

The number 100 at the end of the belt looks like it was put in by someone on their first day of numbering leather goods, and I can't believe they wouldn't have a single stamp to do this, instead random number stamps.

Anyone study these belts enough to give me any answers to these questions?

Double click any and all pics for better views, thx ;-)

Marked Thür 19 something, odd font on the 19?

These are the RBNr numbers of my other belt.

Unusually bad numbering job?

What kind of a buckle leaves an aluminum rub mark straight across the buckle like this?

The catch on the new belt is much flatter than the other, unusually flat compared to most of my other catches.

7 adjusting holes on my other belt, only 5 originally on the new one, plus the one set of wearer installed holes.

End of the belt is much squarer.

There really isn't 5cm (2") difference between these belts even though the old one is marked 95 and the new one 100.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about a Late War belt?
    P
    Many

?

Belt and catch look good to me. You can try some talc powder on the new belt and see if you can make out any maker stamps (5th pic)

I had a little saddle soap rubbed in that area to make it stand out, what you see there is about as good as it gets, the rest is worn off. Still doesn't make any sense why this would be stamped this way rather than a RBNr number for something made this late in the war?

All I can add is that there was variety in the stitching shapes and lengths.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,

two nice late war belts ; two different maker charakters .............
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Same here, two original belts by different makers. Both nice belts BTW
    Ben